WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is over and I have to put on a shirt and tie and go back to work (yuck) What G-Shocks do you wear with a shirt and tie? I think anything black would work, just wanted to get some input on whats working for the rest of the shirt and tie crowd. Thanks

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
personally I don't care for one second what others might think about my watch(es), but if you need a good S+T recommendation, it would be my G-741D which should blend perfectly with dressy clothes:

regards, holger

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I actually think a plain old resin 5600 looks better than any of the blinged up steel-coloured G-SHOCKS. Perhaps because its not pretending to be anything it isn't. You can respect its utility.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I wear my DW-5600 (currently) or my Olive Green Mudman (previously) with my office attire.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
What G-Shocks do you wear with a shirt and tie?
I've always worn all of my watches with a shirt and tie, including some colourful or gargantuan models I no longer have.

Like Seamaster, I think the 5600 series are more self-effacing than the metal models. Smarter too, if you get away from the work = metal mantra.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, maybe I'm buying into the shiny silver for work thing, but I'm waiting on this one from E-bay (GW1210A-2AV).

In the meantime I wear the black one - one of the doctors even said it was neat. ;-)

The awesome thing about the G-shock is that I can 2 or 3 for the price of a Citizen or something fancier, so maybe I'll get another!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am kinda liking the 5600 idea for S & T. I am not much for shiny these days and if I have to go formal formal, I would probably run with my electric blue Omega Seamaster. But I travel a great deal so world time, stopwatch features, along with the throw a couple G's in the bag and I am good to go routine, sound appealing. I am not much for what others think of my watches, but a camo mudman with a suit isn't going to cut it either.

thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I wouldn't hesitate to wear my Giez (from a distance it looks all metal anyway) but that's about it. The others look too plastic to wear to a "tie req'd" occasion, presentation or a sales call. (That's why I bought a Giez :))

Just my $.02.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am really getting to hate Jeff C, everytime he posts pictures it costs me money. Great watches and pics Jeff. In the future I will only look at your posts with my eyes closed.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
I am really getting to hate Jeff C, everytime he posts pictures it costs me money. Great watches and pics Jeff. In the future I will only look at your posts with my eyes closed.
Sorry Newton! :) :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Tribe, looking at your signature, you need to buy a new G to restore balance to the universe. :)
I know. The last time I checked, the universe was out by twelve degrees - and it's all my fault...

I will be getting an atomic Gulfman, once they're released into the wild.

Trouble is, I also fancy a Sinn 656 and Eddie's Super-Quartz (if it happens)... oh, and the Speedbird 3... and I'm rather drawn to Jorg Schauer's Kulisse 10... but that's about it. :)

I've been so assiduous in working out what I like in a G that I've ruled most of them out. :-d

1 - 20 of 33 Posts