WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now fellas I understand this maybe the wrong forum for this type of post though it is about my Seastar 2011

In the next couple of week I will be entering into the local police academy as a "probie" and i just wanted to know how the ETA movement in the Seastar would hold up to the daily shocks of a cop in training.

I was just wondering if anyone has had some experience wearing a 2824-2 while firing a weapon

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Now fellas I understand this maybe the wrong forum for this type of post though it is about my Seastar 2011

In the next couple of week I will be entering into the local police academy as a "probie" and i just wanted to know how the ETA movement in the Seastar would hold up to the daily shocks of a cop in training.

I was just wondering if anyone has had some experience wearing a 2824-2 while firing a weapon

Thanks in advance!

Fire my 1911a1 as well as my AK and AR variants quite often with my 2824 based watches never a problem. I would however respectfully suggest a G SHock or equivelent when your "on the job"

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a cop since 6 years and have always been wearing an automatic of some sorts (certina or other eta movement watch). Never took it off in the firing range and never had a problem. Only problem I had was when the bracelet got stuck during an arrest and the watch went flying because the spring bar broke eventually... Watch survived, but hour hand got loose and had to be reapplied :)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Fired with a Tissot 1000 old ref. strapped to the wrist, no issues to report on my ETA 2824-2... nevertheless I agree with ceasermascetti, "on the job" I would use this.

g-shock.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I have a Mudman that I wear from time to time but I just prefer haven' an auto on my wrist haha.

I will hope I never lose it during an arrest though cause I would be too intent on finding it than take care of what I need too

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It should hold up well enough, but why find out? Yes, plenty of people fire guns with ETA, play gold, pound nails, use power tools, etc and they claim their watches hold up. None of these things are recommended though. with I'd just grab something affordable to strap on during this time. If you can only imagine wearing a mechanical, grab a Seiko Monster or Orient Mako for this purpose. There are worse things than quartz for a short time too... Your Seastar will still be waiting for you as soon as you finish training and will look great on your wrist as a police officer after something else took the abuse during training.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The only watch I wore during LEO training was a Timex Ironman during timed track events. I don't recall wearing any watches during PT or firearms. Currently, I only wear a Wenger beater for anything operational....not because I don't think an automatic could take it, but why risk it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It should hold up well enough, but why find out? Yes, plenty of people fire guns with ETA, play gold, pound nails, use power tools, etc and they claim their watches hold up. None of these things are recommended though. with I'd just grab something affordable to strap on during this time. If you can only imagine wearing a mechanical, grab a Seiko Monster or Orient Mako for this purpose. There are worse things than quartz for a short time too... Your Seastar will still be waiting for you as soon as you finish training and will look great on your wrist as a police officer after something else took the abuse during training.
Ya your right there is no point in wearing something that I value highly and just hope that something doesnt happen to it.:-(

I do have a mako that has been a beater for a while so I will just go with that or my mudman

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I do not wear automatics when firing and or on patrol, etc. Just asking for problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I will hope I never lose it during an arrest though cause I would be too intent on finding it than take care of what I need too
Trust me, while arresting that big skinhead dude, I wasn't thinking about the watch :) but once I started to relax, I realized, my watch is gone, fortunatly, the watch was lying next to us :) it has a little scratch from that that reminds me and it that it almost got lost...
And on another note, the watch I was wearing while being shot at will always have an extra spot in my watch box and never be sold (unfortunately its just a plain helenarou deep sea homage, so not a special watch by itself).
Anyway, hope you stay safe while being on the job, whatever watch you will wear eventually...

·
Registered
681 Posts
No LEO but I have a Mudman for the range and think that it is the perfect tool for the job. Good luck in training.

Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts