WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just over at the SHOPNBC web-site and noticed that they have a lot of items marked down at very low clearance prices. Not everything is marked down, but there are some very good deals.

·
5,138 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered this Android quartz for $10 :) (plus $8 shipping :-( ):

SNBC pics

·
Registered
357 Posts
Strange...I go to clearance > watches and sort by price (low-high). The 2nd item is the Android watch for $4.98. I click the link and it changes to $99.98

All of the watches prices are doing this.

·
5,138 Posts
I just went back and saw the same thing. I think those must be price mistakes showing up on the clearance page and they are currently correcting things.

The one I ordered now shows $69.98 when you go to its page. The receipt for my order does show $9.98 for the watch, but I'll bet they end up cancelling it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you're right Lee. Now when I go back to the site, it shows the lower price, but when you click on the item, it shows the much higher price. I did order some items at the lower price, so it will be interesting to see if they honor those prices or try to charge me the higher amount.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion for anyone. I just saw those low prices and wanted to share them with the rest of you.

·
5,138 Posts
You're not responsible for any of the confusion here. Keep us posted on how they handle your order.

I printed off the page showing the lower prices... just in case.

·
Registered
357 Posts
FWIW I just called shopNBC. After holding for 15 minutes (no typo, no exaggeration - thank god for speaker phone) I was told that the watch that is listed for $14.99 and changes to $89.99 once its in your cart is only $64.99 if I place the order over the phone.

·
5,138 Posts
FWIW I just called shopNBC. After holding for 15 minutes (no typo, no exaggeration - thank god for speaker phone) I was told that the watch that is listed for $14.99 and changes to $89.99 once its in your cart is only $64.99 if I place the order over the phone.
:think: .....:think: ......:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D .......O|

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Well no wonder their phones are busy this time with such odd price switching going on!

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
I was just on their site and they have no watches listed <$24.99 any longer.:-(

·
5,138 Posts
I don't think you missed anything, Doc, because they don't seem to be processing my order from this morning. My receipt said this:

"Your order number is: Check your account later for your order number and order status."

This afternoon when I checked my account, this message came up:
"Order History: No orders were found."

So I really doubt that I'll get the watch. :roll:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked my order status with SHOPNBC. One of the orders I placed seems to have never made it through the process. The other order did, but at the higher prices, and it is already in the shipping process. I called SHOP and they will try to retrieve this order. They said if I do get the order, they will send me a pre-paid return postage label.

I guess it's the old "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't."

·
5,138 Posts
I also got an order confirmation that shows the higher price. I was put on infinite hold when I tried to call. I sent them an e-mail informing them of their error on the price and attached a copy of the transaction receipt that shows the $9.98 price for my watch. We'll see what happens.

Since they simply upped the price on my order without the courtesy of an explanation, I'm going to stick to my guns on this. I can always contest the charge on my credit card. I've got a receipt showing what I authorized them to charge plus a print out showing the price of the item.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can understand that computer errors occur and that they can't honor the price at which I purchased the items. What I do find upsetting is that they raised the price and sent me the items at the higher price without giving me a chance to cancel the order.

They could at least have sent an e-mail to the customers explaining the situation and asking us if we wanted to place the order at the higher price or cancel it.O|

·
5,138 Posts
I understand that errors happen, and really don't care one way or the other about this particular watch. My objection is that they decided to charge me a higher price without my authorization or any explanation for the change.

·
5,138 Posts
After a couple of e-mails and a phone call SNBC is not going to honor the low price. I did complain to a supervisor about the way they charged a higher price without my authorization and without giving me an option to accept or reject the higher price. She gave me a $15 credit toward future purchases to salve my inconvenience and dissatisfaction. :roll:

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Well that's something at least Lee.
I'd bet the corrected price and charge was automated as well as the original glitch.

·
5,138 Posts
You're probably right and it's something I'm not going to get too worked up over. :-D :-D :-X :-D

·
5,138 Posts
I just got the RMA label to return the incorrectly priced watch to SNBC. Here are the first two paragraphs:

"We apologize that you have to return your item. At ShopNBC, we want to make the return of your damaged or defective merchandise as easy as possible. We have enclosed a unique label for your specific return item.

To complete the return of your item, simply click on the SmartLabel link below, complete your Return Form, re-package your items*, affix the return label to the package and drop your package in any U.S. mail location - at home, at work, in a mailbox or at a Post Office without waiting in line. For each item returned, a $5.99 return postage cost will be automatically deducted from your total refund. Sorry, shipping and handling charges are not refundable."

The CS supervisor "assured" me that the $5.99 charge would not be applied, but refused to send me an e-mail verifying it.

The whole matter is now between SNBC and my credit card company. :roll:

By the way, the watch looks okay, but not really my style and definitely not something I'd spring $60 for. It would probably make a nice gift for somebody.

Edit: Oh yeah, the $15 credit another supervisor promised me last week never materialized, although that had no influence on my decision to let the credit card company handle things.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts