WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before but I had a quick look and could not find the answer. I have a thin wrist just 7" circumference and I was thinking of shortening the strap on my NATO nylon strap as it is too long and the buckle when I wear the watch is on the side of my wrist.I can cut it but would I need to seal the cut end or would I be better off buying a new but shorter strap if that's possible? Thanks and sorry again if this is a common question.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Most just tuck back under but you can clamp using locking pliers between 2 cions then cut and burn. Release from lock and factory cut for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most just tuck back under but you can clamp using locking pliers between 2 cions then cut and burn. Release from lock and factory cut for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good tip re the coins. Thank you.

·
Vendor
3,021 Posts
Even if you can find a shorter strap, it's not likely that it would be the "perfect" length to fit your wrist size. You can trim the strap length if you prefer, but they are designed to be worn by folding the tip of the strap backwards into the keepers a second time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ive had this problem before.

Barton straps are short enough that you dont need to cut or tuck anything. Given the buckle is down the middle of ur wrist and not on the outside.

Check barton out for the future. Huge collection on amazon

Reactions: les

·
Registered
349 Posts
Cut and melt the end!

Once you get used to having the exact proper length for your Nato straps, you end up eyeing custom leather.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do this with my natos. I don’t like tucking it back in. Use a quarter as a template to round the edge. Cut it to your desired length and use a lighter on the new edge to seal it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts