WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a vintage omega on ebay a while ago. There was only one (very bad) picture in the description:

The watch was sold as 'not running' and the movement caliber or age was unknown by the seller. I asked the seller to open the case and take a picture, but she replied: 'I'm a woman, I can't.' :roll:

I took a shot in the dark and bought the thing. :-d

This is what I got myself into: :-!

30.10 RA PC movement. Serial dates to 1945/46.
The 'not running' part scared me a bit, I was just hoping the watch didn't have any serious problems.
The shock protection was hanging out and the balance wheel came loose.
It was a 2 minute fix, and runs great now. b-)

The case is a great size, huge for it's time. 36mm diam. 44mm lug to lug. Very close to Mint!
The dial is absolutely mint! not a spick or a spot! It does not say 'swiss made' on the bottom of the dial, but after some research this seems to be standard for this model.

The watch came in the original box on an ancient leather band, I wouldn't be surprized if it's the original. The buckle is of a very rare shape, and is original, signed omega.

Ebay rocks sometimes! :thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Superb :-!

My best buys have been the same, badly photographed, badly described and I take a risk. Well done.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
I told my wife not to sell the Omeeeega!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lovely. I am completely envious.

Get that missing bumper spring seen to ASAP though.
The bumper spring kind of broke off, I think the watch suffered from a pretty severe fall. The screw that holds the bumper spring broke off in the shaft, so I'm pondering how to get the screw out.. :think:

A new spring is no problem, I have several old 28.10's and 354 movements. ;-)
Not wearing the watch so it's not an urgent problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts