WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan to get a pilot watch for my next collection, the miyota version is well within my budget. But not so convince with d movement, is miyota movement reliable?:think:

·
Banned
207 Posts
Two Movements Compared the ETA 2824-2 and the Miyota 8215 Automatic

The Miyota 8215 and ETA 2824-2 are two Automatic Date movements that have been around for years. Both are fine watch movements that are dependable and accurate. Both are used by several watch makers world wide.
While it is not publicized, most watch manufactures these days don’t make their own movements. Swiss manufacturers were hit hard in the mid Seventy’s with the advent of cheap disposable quartz movements. Many makers when out of business, most of those who survived now employ "ebauche" (spec) movements, manufactured by ETA ,Valjoux and a few others...

Two Movements Compared the ETA 2824-2 and the Miyota 8215 Automatic

·
Registered
754 Posts
Plan to get a pilot watch for my next collection, the miyota version is well within my budget. But not so convince with d movement, is miyota movement reliable?:think:
Hmm...the Laco Myota has been out of stock for weeks now. Can it still be ordered? :-s

I had one - it was very very accurate. Sold it to a friend who liked it even better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a Miyota Pilot and love it. Seems to keep great time. I am wearing it here in Iraq and giving it a work out. So far, it is holding up great!

I am waiting for the Navigator Miyotas to come back in stock so I can pick one of those up as well.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Any ideas on when or if they will be back in stock?
I've been waiting quite a while now to pick one up. Great watch.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'm kinda torn on this.

I love my Miyota B. Because of the price point I was able to start my collection with bang, picking up 3 watches in the first month. Also, it was the first watch to arrive, so it has sentimental value.

And it's perfectly fine accuracy-wise (although I never tested it).

Finally, it has become my de facto beater because it is my least expensive watch - so I appreciate that I can wear what I consider to be a bad-ass watch in situations where I am less diligent about watch care.

Having said all that, the sweep is clearly inferior to my other automatic watches. I'll admit that there are times when I think - maybe I should have sprung for the Pilot B with the ETA movement. Probably a silly reason, but I'm throwing it out there in case it's something you care (or one day might care) about.

ECU

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,666 Posts
It is not a new web site, the web site got a (completely) new design. And yes, the Laco Miyota is not listed in their online shop.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for d feebacks. Just placed an order for Eur198 and with free delivery.

·
Registered
435 Posts
There is a June article from Time Keeper on the internet that new Laco models will be released in September 2010. I think there was some discussion here about the possibility of 45mm cases. :-!
LACO will be rolling out new models in Sep'10, and maybe some are starting to place orders now. This new releases will be coming with choice of logo and without logo, YES!!. In additon, all models will have both Type A and B dial to make the offering complete. For the price sensitive but still prefer Swiss movements, LACO will roll out models using Swiss Ronda Quartz movement, 42mm in both Type A and B too. ...There will also be 45mm Big Pilots in this new round to make the entire series so much more exciting. Don't hesitate, support LACO and start placing your order now.!!http://de-timekeeper.com/timekeeper

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice! I hope they are still going to offer affordable non-swiss automatic movements like the Miyota.
Agree:-!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts