WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Gentlemen,

My in-laws to-be are planning to gift me a watch for my wedding, and I really liked this Navitimer (brand new, two tone, gold bezel) that I saw in a mall.

Analog watch Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Jewellery

I have only ever worn one other watch (~$150 mechanical Fossil), so all I know about this watch is that it looks pretty good on my hand.

The salesperson quoted $6800, and I am unable to judge if that's more or less. He did say that the same watch if ordered via the website would've been like $10k, but it could be part of his sales pitch. He also mentioned a 2 year warranty (which pretty much sucks, as I am used to a 11 year warranty).

Questions,
1. Is $6800 about right, or more, or less?
2. How regularly would I have to get it serviced, and how much does each service come to? how long can I expect this watch to run with and without servicing?
3. I read that there is an additional 30% for servicing golden straps. Does that apply to two tones?

This is my first post here, and I am a total rookie when it comes to watches. I did try to do my research online, but I apologize if I sound too needy with my questions. Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Akshay

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is it new? Are you shopping at an Authorized Dealer? Guessing not.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats on the wedding and wedding present.

The "over 10k" price you were told was most likely for a newer Navitimer with an 01 movement.

Push for more than 20% off. This watch has been sitting around for a while, if it's new. Shoot for 35% or more. That's a typical discount Breitling Authorized Dealers give on close out models.

You'd have to service it every 4 - 5 years. Ask them to pay for the 1st service since the watch may be that old already.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your feedback. Yes it is new, and I am shopping at a Breitling store in an Outlet mall, so definitely an authorized store.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The "over 10k" price you were told was most likely for a newer Navitimer with an 01 movement.

Push for more than 20% off. This watch has been sitting around for a while, if it's new. Shoot for 35% or more. That's a typical discount Breitling Authorized Dealers give on close out models.

You'd have to service it every 4 - 5 years. Ask them to pay for the 1st service since the watch may be that old already.
^ This ^

and Yes, I've received 35% off at a Breitling AD.

That's a gorgeous watch, I'd buy that in a second if I had the money and got a better deal on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It has been my experience that the Breitling outlet in Woodbury is not going to move off their posted price, as a previous post said you could probably do better at an AD who is looking to clear out some old stock. Both watches will come with a two year warranty. The only other option is to wait till the outlet has a sale which they do do occasionally! Good Luck!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Beautiful watch, make an offer - worse they can say is NO. See how motivated they are in making a sale.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
The outlet doesn't negotiate, but they do rotate their sales monthly I believe. I got a better deal at an AD on a discontinued watch than the price at Woodbury, but if that is the watch you are sold on then you may not have many options on where to purchase as this was discontinued quite a few years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have bought the watch as I didnt fall for any other watch that I saw as much, and I dont think I have the resources and time to look around in other stores.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts