WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've heard the name sea-gull floating around the forums and i found this watch on ebay and wanted the opinions of you, the more knowledgeable members on whether or not the watch is really worth the price.

The link is HERE

Leave me one, if it really is a steal :p I was also wondering if the second hand sweeps, it mentions the vibration rate but idk how it's measured or what that means. Please insert comments below..thank you

·
Registered
316 Posts
Seagull is supposedly a good brand hence their skeleton watch is more expensive than other skeleton watches.

The second hand do "sweep" since it is a mechanical watch. I believe for 21600 vph, it moves in increments of 3 counts per second. It does not sweep as smoothly as a 28800 vph which i counted at 4 increments per second.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seagull is supposedly a good brand hence their skeleton watch is more expensive than other skeleton watches.

The second hand do "sweep" since it is a mechanical watch. I believe for 21600 vph, it moves in increments of 3 counts per second. It does not sweep as smoothly as a 28800 vph which i counted at 4 increments per second.
4X60=240 X60= 14400

thats a nice looking skeleton, and for $125 and free shipping, its hard to go wrong. i personally dont like the onion crown, but im also not sure what other style of crown would go with that design. i say buy it.

if its 21jewels you should expect a decently smooth sweep, at 5 feet itll look smooth, up close you can see it beating along, but its not bad looking. my 21jewel seagull is between 5 and 6 beats per sec.

·
Registered
402 Posts
4X60=240 X60= 14400

i personally dont like the onion crown, but .....
Oh no!
The onion crown is the best, my Seagull ST8004SA has an onion crown, and it is so comfortable when you manually wind the watch. My M163S has a square crown and I hate it, it hurts your finger when you wind it.

;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts