Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Keep it!

Votes: 24 63.2%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love this Tissot but found good deal on new Citizen BN0016-55L "Orca" for 150€ and now feel tempted. Could get maybe 120€ for my beaten up Tissot PRC 200. I feel PRC 200 getting a bit small for me as my taste grows. Some might say, that jumping from chrono to dive is a silly as they are different type of watches but feel that this Tissot is for college student watch and still I end up putting my 35€ Casio on wrist when going swimming and sauna, so it´s on my wrist most of the time.

Too bad I don´t have money for both at the moment.

edit. Doh, found 135€ deal on rubber Orca on 21jewels.com. Even harder now!

Some pics here:
Citizen BN0016-55L

Tissot PRC 200

·
Banned
698 Posts
While the Orca is unique by Citizen standards, it will never be a Tissot. Long after the Orca is out of collector's circles, people will still recognize and respect the Tissot. For some people here on the forums, Tissot could even be their Grail brand.

Not comparing actual quality, durability, or any measure of practicality here. Just offering the viewpoint 95% of people hold when speaking of the two companies comparatively.

This watch is considered top-notch by everyone who has owned it. They can be found for <$50 USD shipped anywhere on the web, and do NOT feel like a cheap watch at all. Heck, I might like it more than the Orca. If you really need a diver and are tight on cash, save a few dollars until you can buy the Casio and save yourself the regret of letting the Tissot go.:-!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This watch is considered top-notch by everyone who has owned it. They can be found for <$50 USD shipped anywhere on the web, and do NOT feel like a cheap watch at all. Heck, I might like it more than the Orca. If you really need a diver and are tight on cash, save a few dollars until you can buy the Casio and save yourself the regret of letting the Tissot go.:-!
Now this looks promising! Maybe I will get this one to feed my diver frenzy before I flip my Tissot. Gotta stay cool and thanks for tips everyone, not letting go my PRC 200. You keep me down to earth before I find my moon (or save enough money for round trip!). :thanks

·
Banned
698 Posts
Now this looks promising! Maybe I will get this one to feed my diver frenzy before I flip my Tissot. Gotta stay cool and thanks for tips everyone, not letting go my PRC 200. You keep me down to earth before I find my moon (or save enough money for round trip!). :thanks
Glad I could help out! I never like to see someone flip a watch they like just to get a different watch they also like- especially when it's as nice as the PRC 200. Hold onto the Tissot, and I bet you still wear the Casio on a regular basis in 5-10 years as well. |>

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Yes.

Definitely.

Do it yesterday.

·
Registered
191 Posts
This watch is considered top-notch by everyone who has owned it. They can be found for <$50 USD shipped anywhere on the web, and do NOT feel like a cheap watch at all.
Thanks for the tip :-! - that is a cool-looking watch, probably the best looking analog Casio I've seen yet.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
A resounding "no", with a "hell" in front of it.
Which one are you going to be able to wear in ten years and not laugh at yourself?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A resounding "no", with a "hell" in front of it.
Which one are you going to be able to wear in ten years and not laugh at yourself?
Hi Hydronium, I kinda like the idea to have a watch that makes me laugh. Ten years later or now. Somehow I feel, that too many people here take this thing too seriously :think:(*dodging stones soon ;-)* )

This is the watch that started me to look something different.
Corum Bubble Dive Bomber

Don´t know about others but cartoonish Orca is very original in a good way, in many way more original than many of these Speemaster, PO, Rolex, Marine Militare etc. inspired watches. Technically the PRC 200 quality is crap compared to many others. Hands not hitting markers and 10th of seconds hand got stuck soon after purchase. Finishing is nice anyway and feel is great and it has sapphire glass.

But like I said earlier, gonna keep this one and save for diver or maybe Iĺl get that diver mentioned earlier if I get desperate. Selling loved one for another one isn´t good idea. But I am gonna sell my Alpha PO which I wore once and didn´t like it at all. Currently I keep my Casio DW5600-E most of the time :roll:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hi Hydronium, I kinda like the idea to have a watch that makes me laugh. Ten years later or now. Somehow I feel, that too many people here take this thing too seriously :think:(*dodging stones soon ;-)* )

This is the watch that started me to look something different.
Corum Bubble Dive Bomber

Don´t know about others but cartoonish Orca is very original in a good way, in many way more original than many of these Speemaster, PO, Rolex, Marine Militare etc. inspired watches. Technically the PRC 200 quality is crap compared to many others. Hands not hitting markers and 10th of seconds hand got stuck soon after purchase. Finishing is nice anyway and feel is great and it has sapphire glass.

But like I said earlier, gonna keep this one and save for diver or maybe Iĺl get that diver mentioned earlier if I get desperate. Selling loved one for another one isn´t good idea. But I am gonna sell my Alpha PO which I wore once and didn´t like it at all. Currently I keep my Casio DW5600-E most of the time :roll:
First of all, I'm glad you recognized my ion.
Second of all, the Corum is weird enough to be a novelty. That, or a Mickey Mouse watch, or a ridiculously colored Swatch, can be worn ironically or jokingly. The Orca is just too serious to be taken ironically/ jokingly and too ridiculous to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There aren't many watches around looking like the Orca. Not the same with that Tissot.

The Orca is super confy on the wrist and the lume is absolutely gorgeous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts