WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3-4 months ago I thought that I was going to sell my sub c no date and get a hulk and iwc pilot chrono le petit prince but after some thinking I decided to add a blue dial DJ 41 and pair it with my sub.

Thus I asked my AD to order one for me and I haven't heard from her yet and now I have the fund ready to buy and I've seen a hulk pop up for sale for reasonable price and I have to say I'm quite tempted but I don't want to end up with 2 subs and I love my no date sub since it's black dial it works with any color strap. If I sell it, my options in the same value would be preowned milgauss or exp 2 black or polar.

Should I just stay with my decision with the datejust? I love everything about it, the jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally I'd tell you to get the IWC pilot chrono prince lol but if you're trying to narrow it down to the DJ or hulk, my vote is still the hulk. Either way, that DJ is gorgeous and you can't lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally I'd tell you to get the IWC pilot chrono prince lol but if you're trying to narrow it down to the DJ or hulk, my vote is still the hulk. Either way, that DJ is gorgeous and you can't lose

The said iwc pilot chrono on davidsw is already sold . I wouldn't buy that piece brand new somehow

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll never own a Sub (yawn), but if I did that hulk would be different enough.

Go Hulk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
The said iwc pilot chrono on davidsw is already sold . I wouldn't buy that piece brand new somehow
I say just go with IWC big pilot . Will this be a casual everyday type watch or are you a suit to work type situation because I can see the DJ being more appealing for suit and tie I suppose. Hulk doesn't work/match with everything like black subs but I still love it

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I say just go with IWC big pilot . Will this be a casual everyday type watch or are you a suit to work type situation because I can see the DJ being more appealing for suit and tie I suppose. Hulk doesn't work/match with everything like black subs but I still love it
Not a fan of big pilot and it's too big for my 6.5 inch wrist. I work as chef and on my day off I like to wear suit and tie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not a fan of big pilot and it's too big for my 6.5 inch wrist. I work as chef and on my day off I like to wear suit and tie
I just watched the HODINKEE episode with Alton Brown and you saying you're a chef reminded me of him saying the first thing chefs do is judge each other by their watches lmao

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just watched the HODINKEE episode with Alton Brown and you saying you're a chef reminded me of him saying the first thing chefs do is judge each other by their watches lmao

I wear g shock in the kitchen, unlike this guy

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know which Hulk you're talking about. Since you already have a sub I would get the DJ41. Plus it's brand new vs pre owned

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know which Hulk you're talking about. Since you already have a sub I would get the DJ41. Plus it's brand new vs pre owned

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
I'm 80% leaning towards DJ41 plus I want to have AD experience at least once right? I'm still waiting for a phone call from swiss concept to say they have one in stock so I can put my deposit down and put and end to all this

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I have owned the 114060 in the past and in a couple of months "upgraded" to the 116610LV. The 114060 is an excellent watch but the green dial of the 116610LV is something that I could not resist. I ended up selling 114060 and buying the 116610LV. Have not looked back since!

Go hulk minus 114060.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have owned the 114060 in the past and in a couple of months "upgraded" to the 116610LV. The 114060 is an excellent watch but the green dial of the 116610LV is something that I could not resist. I ended up selling 114060 and buying the 116610LV. Have not looked back since!

Go hulk minus 114060.
If I sell the 114060 what would you suggest to replace it in the same value?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hulk. There is no question for me here. All Hulk, 2 subs is not even a problem....how could it be?
Aside from really liking the jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel, the reason I wanted to buy the DJ41 is because it will be a very different piece from my sub in terms of dial markers, hands, bracelet.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I'd stick with the plan and get the DJ41. The blue dial is a beauty, and the DJ41 is a bit dressier than other Rolex sport models. I think it would make a great combo with your Sub.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts