WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

designwise the current Omega Planet Ocean to me is the perfect watch. I love how it plays with the light, I love the numbers, die hands, the shape of the case. I think it is my dream watch…

I tried it on many times and never bought it. The 43,5 is a chunky and hefty boy but I didn’t like the 39,5 as it loses some of it‘s appeal in the smaller size.

My wrist is 7“. I am 185 cm and my weight is 90 kg - so I am a bigger guy myself. The Moonwatch is perfectly sized for my wrist and taste. I had two bigger watches. The Tudor BB Eta (which was huge due to its massive flanks) and the current SMP Diver (which was big but very comfortable and wearable).

Do you think I should give the PO a try? Buy it used, wear it some months to see if I get used to it? How does it compare to the BB and the Diver? Would the bracelet or rubber be the way to go if I want it to wear small? Orange or black?

·
Registered
12,553 Posts
I would get the 43.5mm with black dial and bezel (more versatile) and buy on the bracelet. It wears smaller than on rubber due to the female endlinks which allow it wear to it’s true lug to lug length. Also it’s a thick watch so on rubber feels a little too heavy. I have a 7in wrist and it wore great.

I owned a PO 2500 42mm for almost 10 years and it wore really well on my wrist. I hated on bracelet due to the poor design of the endlinks. Rubber was the way back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
Absolutely, I'm a believer in trying any watch that piques your interest. And with your build you should go for the 43.5mm IMO, not least because it's a dive watch. Rubber would be a good option, especially if you want it to wear a little smaller, but again, you shouldn't need it to.

Reactions: WatchThinker

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a 7" wrist and recently tried on the 43.5mm PO GMT, which is nearly 18mm thick and it felt and looked great. I am torn between the PO GMT and the Omega Worldtimer, which is 43mm and only 14mm thick, but some say it wears larger. I am hoping to try on the Worldtimer at my local AD in the next couple of weeks. I say go for the PO 43.5 and you will not regret it. Oh, and I prefer the rubber strap on both.

·
Banned
3,301 Posts
Nobody here can answer that no matter how many dimensions you discuss or talk about. You have to try it on and decide if it looks right.

As far as the main point...it's a gorgeous watch and worth consideration.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I wear the 45mm titanium model with blue dial and bezel. Big watch but the titanium keeps it light. I’m looking to refresh my watches so It’s needing a new home. PM me if interested.
Watch Analog watch Hand Light Azure

·
Vendor
Omega/Tudor/Breitling/Grand Seiko/Tag Heuer/Montblanc/Hamilton/Seiko
1,464 Posts
For my 6.75" I do prefer the 39.5mm but a good friend of mine just stopped in and bought this one last week and can't stop talking about how much he loves it. He said he hasn't put his Tudor BB 41 back on wrist yet. I'm sure he's enjoying the honeymoon phase and you can't argue with the PO.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Absolutely! I'm also of the opinion that the Planet Ocean is the perfect watch. Of course, I'm biased, as I own two of them, a blue 43.5 mm Master Chronometer and a black dial 45mm. Both are things of beauty IMO, and tough as old boots, to boot! Here's a pic of them lined up with my Moonwatch, to help you compare...

Watch Brown Analog watch Photograph White

If you get one on the bracelet, it'll help with resale, and you can always ring the changes with other straps. Just be aware that the 43.5mm has a 21mm lug. I went with a custom leather strap for mine:

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Good luck with the hunt!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have the first gen Planet Ocean way back in 2008. Its different than the models now but I love it so of course I would say go for it.

Reactions: tommy_boy

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Hi,

designwise the current Omega Planet Ocean to me is the perfect watch. I love how it plays with the light, I love the numbers, die hands, the shape of the case. I think it is my dream watch…

I tried it on many times and never bought it. The 43,5 is a chunky and hefty boy but I didn’t like the 39,5 as it loses some of it‘s appeal in the smaller size.

My wrist is 7“. I am 185 cm and my weight is 90 kg - so I am a bigger guy myself. The Moonwatch is perfectly sized for my wrist and taste. I had two bigger watches. The Tudor BB Eta (which was huge due to its massive flanks) and the current SMP Diver (which was big but very comfortable and wearable).

Do you think I should give the PO a try? Buy it used, wear it some months to see if I get used to it? How does it compare to the BB and the Diver? Would the bracelet or rubber be the way to go if I want it to wear small? Orange or black?
If you enjoy a larger watch..go for it.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts