WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
I hope you get the chance to try the Three different sizes on your wrist. Then you will know what is right for you. No wrong choice. Vance.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Watch Hand Cloud Arm Analog watch
6.3 wrist size. 6.3! You be the judge if the 43.5 is too big for your 7in wrist. Omega did a very good thing in putting pivoting end links so the watch really wears true to size. I find the smaller PO more awkward, I describe it as “squat” meaning short and fat which it is. I LOVE the PO line, still on the hunt for the older Orange bezel. So yes, try it unless you like smaller sports watches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely. I wear my planet ocean 2-3 times more often than my moonwatch, even though the Apollo 13 looks nicer. The planet ocean is a nice blend of reliable, robust and on the edge of dress/sport so you can pair it with a lot of outfits.
I would suggest finding an AD with a bunch of options- had I seen it in the metal, I probably would've opted for the grey/orange over my black/orange

·
Premium Member
Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight Gilt
4,304 Posts
Hi,

designwise the current Omega Planet Ocean to me is the perfect watch. I love how it plays with the light, I love the numbers, die hands, the shape of the case. I think it is my dream watch…

I tried it on many times and never bought it. The 43,5 is a chunky and hefty boy but I didn’t like the 39,5 as it loses some of it‘s appeal in the smaller size.

My wrist is 7“. I am 185 cm and my weight is 90 kg - so I am a bigger guy myself. The Moonwatch is perfectly sized for my wrist and taste. I had two bigger watches. The Tudor BB Eta (which was huge due to its massive flanks) and the current SMP Diver (which was big but very comfortable and wearable).

Do you think I should give the PO a try? Buy it used, wear it some months to see if I get used to it? How does it compare to the BB and the Diver? Would the bracelet or rubber be the way to go if I want it to wear small? Orange or black?
Will you be diving 600 meters? If so, then yes. If not...

·
Registered
415 Posts
POs are great looking watches! Yes buy the bracelet, but straps are def. More comfortable!

Fyi, it is thick. For 43.5mm 8900 po, Imagine putting a suburban on your wrist. If you are okay with it, you will love it!

Reactions: Pirateninja

·
Registered
943 Posts
The first gen 42mm and the 39.5mm versions are my favorite. I had the 43.5mm version but it wasn't comfortable as a daily wear for me. The thickness and weight was a bit of an issue after prolonged use. YMMV obviously. Truth is, you really can't go wrong with ANY of them...

39.5mm
V
View attachment 16249214
yes my first gen 42mm...perfect size for a PO. for a diver IMHO.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a nearly 7 inch wrist and tried on the 43.5mm PO at my AD. I found it to be freakishly thick. Hard no from me.

Personally, I would not try to convince myself to buy a watch that costs more than $500. If you try it on and think it's too big or too small--move on. There's hundreds of other watches to spend your money on that would be ideal upon the first wearing.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
buy it, like it or don't and then sell it to me : ) Seems to me like you kind of want this watch. What's so great about Omega is when you go to their stores they actually have the watches you want. Go for it, if it's really bad you can always sell it, not to me per se and at a loss but it's that or the watch sits in your drawer or whatever and that's never good.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts