WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

haven't been back to the forum for awhile due to some reasons. i was lurking around and hoping you'd help me with something i want to do.

so i received my first omega watch, seamaster reference 2514.50, for my 16th birthday. i love and adore the watch. then i bought a breitling for myself for my 21st. of course, i bought and sold some other watches. however, i still kept the seamaster because it was my first love. even though i don't wear it anymore, it sits on my desk and i'd look at it everyday.

so yesterday i decided to wear it for the first time in awhile. the size is a little smaller than what i usually wear nowadays, but it is still a good fit. then i realized something was bugging me; the cyclops. i've been wearing the rolex sea dweller for awhile, and i guess i got used to not having the cyclops on the crystal. so i am thinking to remove the cyclops to enhance the balance, thus making the watch looking "cleaner." what do you guys suggest? go for it, or leave it alone?

thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
The thing I like most about the 'Omegamatic' is the fact that it has a cyclops while most other Omegas do not. It is unusual in that regard, and for that, I would keep it as is. |>

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If the watch is a keeper, then custom it to how you like. your personal touches will make it that much more for you. If you plan on flipping it, the don't touch it.

Jay

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
I "had a cup of coffee" with an Omegamatic a while back. For me, the dial was too busy, and I wasn't used to a cyclops, though at my age, all of my watches should have them! :roll: I flipped mine , and haven't missed it. If it had a flat crystal, I might have held on to it.

;-) KAT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts