WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I was woundering if I should return my G-7700 for a 5600. I really like the G-7700 that I have but I really need the money but I also I'm starting to like the 5600 that I saw on sears website. Should I just return my G-7700 and wait later down the road for the 5600 or should I just return what I have know.:think::think::think::-:)-:)-:)-s:-s:-s

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I don't think it's entirely ethical to return things just to get your money back or because you've taken a fancy to something else.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I don't think it's entirely ethical to return things just to get your money back or because you've taken a fancy to something else.
Unless there was some sort of satisfaction guarantee I agree. In general though I would never trade a 7700 for a 5600, just don't care for that retro look/feel.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Absolutely, but he says he really likes it.
D'oh, missed that. Kinda reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he was not permitted to return something for spite and couldn't change his reason after he stated it initially.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't think it's a good practice returning watches like that. What happens is they will turn around and sell it as new to someone who will complain about Casio's quality control or place of manufacture when he finds a small mark or nick on the watch.
It's just not a good idea. Keep it and buy a 5600. They're not that expensive anyway.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Enjoy the watch you have as you say you like it - look forward to getting yourself a 5600 - enjoy both.

Likely as not if you swap 'em (leaving aside that you're not really entitled to do that, unless of course you took it on a trial or whatever) you'll have as many doubts over whether you should have replaced the 7700 for the 5600 and won't enjoy it as much anyway.

·
Registered
295 Posts
One of the first things I do when I buy a new G-Shock is check it over to make sure im not getting one that may have been returned!
I would be real angry if I did get a watch that had been returned by someone else:-|.
I say keep it, save a bit and get the 5600 soon|>

·
Banned
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feed back but I decided to return the G-7700 for a mudman so all I payed for was the $30.00 dollar difference. I only had it for five days and the woman was very understanding the reason why I did not by the MudMan before was because it was going on sale two days after I saw it so I could'nt pass it up I hope you guy's understand.|>:thanks:-(

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
to change a 7700 for a 5600 would be stupid but to change it for a Mudman:-!:-!:-!:-d. However I think that the G-77XX and G-7800 have the best modules of all the non-atomic G-Shocks right now|>. Mudman has a great module too - I especially like the indicators for the alarms - only G-Shock I know where you can see all the time which alarm you got activated|>.
By the way - I don't think it's unethical or something to return a watch when you decide you want something else - in Germany it's the law that you're entitled to return anything you bought online for 14 days without having to give reasons for the return. It's up to the seller to make sure that he doesn't sell stuff that has been returned as new.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Nice thing about most G's is the are not all that expensive. Save up your money, and get another one in a few months. Then number three a few months later. Then number four, five, six... :-d

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey guy's I was woundering if I should return my G-7700 for a 5600. I really like the G-7700 that I have but I really need the money but I also I'm starting to like the 5600 that I saw on sears website. Should I just return my G-7700 and wait later down the road for the 5600 or should I just return what I have know.:think::think::think::-:)-:)-:)-s:-s:-s
No. The 5600 is a good watch. But it is nothing compared to the 7700. Never mind the ethics. If you exchange, I think you'll regret it (speaking as a satisfied DW-5600 owner).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks for all the feed back but I decided to return the G-7700 for a mudman so all I payed for was the $30.00 dollar difference. I only had it for five days and the woman was very understanding the reason why I did not by the MudMan before was because it was going on sale two days after I saw it so I could'nt pass it up I hope you guy's understand.|>:thanks:-(
I BET you're going to regret that (speaking as a Mudman owner, too).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts