WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Should I return/replace my new G Shock?

3K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Iraklis 
#1 ·
If you look in the photo in the space directly to the top right of the button, there are a couple of markings/blemishes. This is a brand new watch. Should I have it replaced? I paid lots of money for this and was hoping for perfect.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This watch does not look new!

Mine is about 2 years old and (other than the keeper) it still looks brand new.

If you look at the bottom plate of the watch under the engraved "LIGHT" font you should see a very small 8 digit number. The last 4 digits correspond with the production date the following way: 3 digit day of the year + letter for the year (E=2015, F=2016, G=2017, H=2018).

Of course a 2015 watch can be brand new as well, but an older year would be one more indicator in addition to visible wear.

#6 ·
What do you mean by directly from Casio? Amazon and listing said Casio or from an authorized Casio dealer in person?

Either way, if you are sure that that stain could not have be done by you, then this watch appears to be a used watch. A new one does not look this way.

#15 ·
I can't believe I have never realized that Casio.com had a buying option. In disbelief I just checked and sure enough it is there.

I thought all Mudmasters were made in Japan. So the J version debate carries over to Casio now, too?
There are indeed 2 versions, Japan and Thailand. I have the "Japan Movement Cased in Thailand" version.

#18 ·
So far I have seen Thailand variations of the black, green and most recently to my surprise even the red Mudmaster. There may be others as well, but regardless, if anything, the difference may be only of sentimental nature.

#19 ·
…regardless, if anything, the difference may be only of sentimental nature.
Totally. It makes no difference what landmass an assembly robot is sitting on. That's why the Seiko J vs K debate drives me nuts - even if the J versions were made in Japan.

Reactions: WES51
#20 ·
looks like a scuff you couldve easily done yourself in the 2-3 days youve owned it. it looks brand new in the photo you posted in the other thread https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/arrived-4907811.html
im also curious as to why it took you so long to notice something so obvious when youve been clearly obsessing over it :think:

#23 ·
I think the point is a little moot as he's getting his refund and getting another watch but I will say that the pic posted here looked like some kind of gunk that might have gotten on it? I dunno. Did you get a chance to try to clean it up? As far as the Japan cased vs the Thailand cased, I wonder if there's any correlation between that and the fogging/humidity issues people were seeing?

#26 ·
As far as the Japan cased vs the Thailand cased, I wonder if there's any correlation between that and the fogging/humidity issues people were seeing?
I'm sure Casio's domestic and foreign factories are all built to the same standards, which likely includes air conditioning as well as procedures of dust prevention, workers in special clothing alike etc.

Additionally my 'Cased in Thailand' Mudmaster showed no fogging what so ever and I specifically checked for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.