WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got the itch again. I'm considering selling my Khaki Field Mechanical and putting the proceeds toward this pre-owned Sinn 556i. The Khaki is relatively new, but I got a great deal on it, so I'd probably break even on the sale. I like the white dial and hand-winding, but I've also missed having a German in the collection since selling my Sinn 356. The 556 would wear better due to the shorter lug to lug, but is thicker, and I'd have to set the date every time or keep it on a winder.
I know it would be very similar to my Explorer, but would be for situations where I don't want to have to worry about it getting banged up.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That Sinn looks like you could dress it up or down for a hike in the woods or a meeting in the boardroom.

The Hamilton, with that color scheme, looks pretty pigeonholed as a field watch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You have an awesome collection there. I really like both the Sinn and the Hamilton.

Have you put any thought to the idea that if you sell the Hamilton you'll be down to only one white dial watch? Not a problem if you strongly prefer black dials, but personally I like white and black equally so I always try to have a couple of each in my collection. In fact if I really loved a watch I wouldn't hesitate to buy it twice, one white and one black.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I have both. Prefer the Sinn but my Khaki is my beater.

Side note, I've sold my Sinn

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,399 Posts
If you feel the Sinn 556 I would wear better because of the shorter lug-to-lug width, then sell the Hamilton Khaki mechanical and put the proceeds towards the Sinn 556 I.

Nice collection BTW.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Let's put it this way. I have both of those watches and I only wear the Sinn.

Oh, and I also have the Explorer and I wear it, too. No concerns about "overlapping" here.

Reactions: Eric_M

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get the Sinn, but w arabic numerals.
I go back and forth on which one I prefer. I like the arabics, but it looks like it's trying a little too hard to be an altimeter. I also think the i has a more balanced dial with the "Automatik" text on the bottom

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have an awesome collection there. I really like both the Sinn and the Hamilton.

Have you put any thought to the idea that if you sell the Hamilton you'll be down to only one white dial watch? Not a problem if you strongly prefer black dials, but personally I like white and black equally so I always try to have a couple of each in my collection. In fact if I really loved a watch I wouldn't hesitate to buy it twice, one white and one black.
This would be my main reason for keeping it-the white dial and the field watch style is something unique to the rest of my collection. It's a nice watch, but I have no special attachment to it. Purchased it to be a cheap, grab and go beater.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like Sinn but the 566i is awful. Stick with the Hamilton; it is a much better looking watch. What value does it add over your Rolex Explorer?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I go back and forth on which one I prefer. I like the arabics, but it looks like it's trying a little too hard to be an altimeter. I also think the i has a more balanced dial with the "Automatik" text on the bottom
I went through the same when I bought my 856, but I settled on the arabic dial.

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,331 Posts
If you feel the Sinn 556 I would wear better because of the shorter lug-to-lug width, then sell the Hamilton Khaki mechanical and put the proceeds towards the Sinn 556 I.

Nice collection BTW.
+1
Go for the watch that's the most attractive. Although I would be tempted to keep the Hamilton and get the Sinn because they are quite different.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts