WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
I'd go with the Sinn.... I owned a Hamilton Field Mechanical and the Sinn is just another class of watch.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks for the inputs, maybe I'll sleep on it for a few days and see how I feel.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Keep the Hamilton, sell the Steinhart, and/or maybe one of the SARBs (since you have both SARBs, and since they're selling for crazy high amounts because they're head-spinningly over-valued, and since you have a GS). The Sinn to me is boring AF. That date window especially really kills any aesthetic I think the watch could have. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Have both. Also, I prefer the 556i over the 556a.

I have the brown dial Khaki with the tan NATO

and would also like to have the Sinn on the H bracelet.

Reactions: Eric_M

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, I've got the itch again. I'm considering selling my Khaki Field Mechanical and putting the proceeds toward this pre-owned Sinn 556i. The Khaki is relatively new, but I got a great deal on it, so I'd probably break even on the sale. I like the white dial and hand-winding, but I've also missed having a German in the collection since selling my Sinn 356. The 556 would wear better due to the shorter lug to lug, but is thicker, and I'd have to set the date every time or keep it on a winder.
I know it would be very similar to my Explorer, but would be for situations where I don't want to have to worry about it getting banged up.
View attachment 15927108
View attachment 15927110
View attachment 15927121
Nice collection you have got

·
Registered
583 Posts
you should sell your Steinhart and Bremont for Sinn ;P
I agree that the Steinhart is the odd man out among some very nice watches. I would flip the Steinhart, the Hammy, and maybe one of the Seiko’s on the right to fund a new 556.

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
I’d keep the Hamilton. I regret selling mine. As others have said, Sinn is great but I find the 556 to be a strange combo of awkward and boring. I can’t get past the stubby handset.

Reactions: Eric_M

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Keep the Hammy and sell one of the Sarbs...better return on the sale and based on your collection, a good field watch fits right in

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
That's the best hammy out there in my opinion mostly because it doesn't say khaki on the dial. Anyone of those in any color is cool. The Sinn is quite nice too. I'd say keep the hammy and add the Sinn since they are not a competing look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you don’t wear it and there’s not an attachment (like it was from family or something) send it and get the one you want. Worth it if you wear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would take the Sinn over the Hamilton everyday

Reactions: Yoloki
21 - 40 of 64 Posts