WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
The 556 has never really tickled my fancy, but I see what you're getting at with the better fit. I'm a fan of that Hammy though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You seem to have a lot of steel bracelet watches with black dials. I think you should keep the Hamilton as it adds a bit more variety to your collection (if you're into that kind of thing; if you're going for more of a theme, then maybe the Sinn would make more sense).

Reactions: Eric_M

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
The Sinn dial is pure black and the white indices are so white. Absolutely awesome. The Hammy is nice but it’s no 556i.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd keep the Hamilton field watch over the versatile Sinn, based on the other watches in your collection. But really depends on how you use the hammy

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
If I were in your position I would get rid of one of the Sarbs or Steinhart before the Hamilton. Love my KFM and would never part ways with mine.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
No. Maybe something else but not the 556. The 556 is kinda average and has a corny name if your into real 5.56's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, I've got the itch again. I'm considering selling my Khaki Field Mechanical and putting the proceeds toward this pre-owned Sinn 556i. The Khaki is relatively new, but I got a great deal on it, so I'd probably break even on the sale. I like the white dial and hand-winding, but I've also missed having a German in the collection since selling my Sinn 356. The 556 would wear better due to the shorter lug to lug, but is thicker, and I'd have to set the date every time or keep it on a winder.
I know it would be very similar to my Explorer, but would be for situations where I don't want to have to worry about it getting banged up.
View attachment 15927108
View attachment 15927110
View attachment 15927121
Great box!

·
Registered
10,751 Posts
I have owned a couple of Sinn 556--the black dial, and the anniversary anthracite gray dial--they look better in photos than on the wrist, in my opinion, just a bit too lackluster--I would keep the Hamilton, which is rather unique.

·
Registered
Seiko SND365 "Ron Swanson"
215 Posts
I'd keep the Hamilton. It adds value in terms of character to your collection. The Sinn, however, looks rather dull. I am not a Sinn guy in general, though.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
In this exact case, I would keep the Hamilton. I know both of those watches very well and the Hamilton is more interesting.

·
Premium Member
71,532 Posts
First instinct is to say keep the Hammy AND get the Sinn but if the only way of getting the 556 is to let the Khaki go then do just that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Clearly the Sinn is a big upgrade from the Hamilton in both quality and price. You can't go wrong with the SInn, by the Hammy is nice in it's own as well. Given that your collection already includes a number of other very nice watches it will have to be your call which to let go. Especially with the Explorer and Grand Seiko in play, it looks to me like the Hammy is more unique in your collection than the Sinn would be. I'd be more inclined to move the Steinhart and/or one of the dressy Seikos instead.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the 556I RS, wanted one for a long time - in my head I wanted to use it on a nato so when it arrived it went straight on the nato, tried it on leather and boy was I let down! It sat in my box unused one day I thought try it with the bracelet again or its got to go, glad I did just sits so well on that h link, i've worn it lots since for me its a very slow one to get under your skin also I have kind of fallen out of love with natos have some watches with really nice bracelets so still have my natos, but none are used.

Its almost a little too minimal and that may be an issue for you, I do see lots for sell on ebay I think people fall in love with the cool photos of them and there is a certain amount of hype over the 556 I think its a classic 'bench mark' watch, but in the metal its a bit stark also I know it gets mentioned a lot its not that cheap to buy any more.

I do also have a Hamilton Khaki I dont think it overlaps with the Sinn especially as you have the white dial I think it would be a nice addition, I would say see if you can try one on first before you buy - wasnt an option for me, but wish I had - for me i wear the Sinn and the Hamilton has not seen any wrist time for a while.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Keep the Hamilton.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Keep the Hami please! The white "polar" dial is much more interesting than Sinn's black one. You already have the Explorer.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts