WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
The above (#99) is one of the more idiotic posts I've read here all day...

Thank God for the Ignore feature here.

Back to the topic at hand, one doesn't need to pick one or the other. I own both brands. (SS Sub, SS GMT II, TT DJ as well as a vintage TT Constellation and Speedmaster 3750.50). I also own a few lesser brands that I equally enjoy.
Someone got their panties in a bunch today... Glad you enjoyed my post. What can I say, I aim to please.

·
Registered
565 Posts
i bought a sub last year, nice 80s model, very nice on the wrist.
i didnt bond with it, it was just too common... everywhere i looked after i bought it, i saw them on wrists...
i just sold it and bought a speedmaster to add to my 5 omega collection. its more unique in my opinion.
thats my $0.02
good luck!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Keep your Omega. I’ve sold 2 of my Omegas over the years to help fund other watch purchases and I regret it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ok, I KNOW this is NOT the Rolex forum, BUT figured I'd ask all of you Omega owners what you think. (I'm not going to ask this question in any other forum)
I have two Omegas in excellent condition, both bought brand new from AD's buy me a PO, and an SMP 2531.80. I MAY have the opportunity to trade both of these watches for a very good condition later model SS Sub date.
I've always wanted a Rolex again (I had a Sub, but at the time had to sell it to fund college).
I guess my question is, what would you guys do ? Just keep your two Omegas, and get the Rolex later (at this point, in reality I would not be able to afford one for at least another 3-4 years), or just say to hell with it and get it now ???
A big part of me does NOT want to get rid of my Omegas, but then again I ALWAYS wanted a Rolex, and now I may have that opportunity to get one again .
Oh well, all opinions are welcome, even if you want to call me a moron lol
I’d save up for the Rolex and keep the lot.

On the other hand, if you want the Rolex - do it. If you want to keep the Omegas, don’t.

Only you know what’s right for you and that’s the key- it needs to be right for you.

Reactions: Turpinr

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ok, I KNOW this is NOT the Rolex forum, BUT figured I'd ask all of you Omega owners what you think. (I'm not going to ask this question in any other forum)
I have two Omegas in excellent condition, both bought brand new from AD's buy me a PO, and an SMP 2531.80. I MAY have the opportunity to trade both of these watches for a very good condition later model SS Sub date.
I've always wanted a Rolex again (I had a Sub, but at the time had to sell it to fund college).
I guess my question is, what would you guys do ? Just keep your two Omegas, and get the Rolex later (at this point, in reality I would not be able to afford one for at least another 3-4 years), or just say to hell with it and get it now ???
A big part of me does NOT want to get rid of my Omegas, but then again I ALWAYS wanted a Rolex, and now I may have that opportunity to get one again .
Oh well, all opinions are welcome, even if you want to call me a moron lol

In one word "No"

·
Registered
555 Posts
I actually thought about selling my SD4K for the Speedmaster 321 but my partner told me not to be stupid and approved I can have both in my life. :giggle:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Reactions: 2premo

·
Registered
167 Posts
Does that mean it's a 'rubbish' thread.....
it's a beautiful thread. it looks like there is a consensus to keep the Omegas. They are indeed beautiful watches and I have nothing but praises for their customer service. I have never experienced Rolex customer service but the stories floating around (no pun intended for what i think of Rolex :)) would put a damper on any sort of enthusiasm for the brand.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
it's a beautiful thread. it looks like there is a consensus to keep the Omegas. They are indeed beautiful watches and I have nothing but praises for their customer service. I have never experienced Rolex customer service but the stories floating around (no pun intended for what i think of Rolex :)) would put a damper on any sort of enthusiasm for the brand.
Sorry, you missed my obviously amateurish attempt at humour! :LOL:
2premo posted, 'another thread dragged back from the dustbin, is this #4 this week?'
So I posted, 'Does this mean it's a 'rubbish' thread.....'
Get it now? :unsure:

Reactions: 2premo and Titan II

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry, you missed my obviously amateurish attempt at humour! :LOL:
2premo posted, 'another thread dragged back from the dustbin, is this #4 this week?'
So I posted, 'Does this mean it's a 'rubbish' thread.....'
Get it now? :unsure:
it finally went through that thick skull of mine which was no small feat :)
No need to apologies, I missed the reference. It is refreshing to see a certain level of levity in the forum, we need more of that.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
it finally went through that thick skull of mine which was no small feat :)
No need to apologies, I missed the reference. It is refreshing to see a certain level of levity in the forum, we need more of that.
You'll get to know me, if you hang out around here long enough! I love having a bit of fun, it makes the madness of this world, more tolerable. (y)
Nice to 'meet' you, bazelot. (y)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
You'll get to know me, if you hang out around here long enough! I love having a bit of fun, it makes the madness of this world, more tolerable. (y)
Nice to 'meet' you, bazelot. (y)
yup "dry British humor"
personally I love it, fits my style, but most don't get it

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
yup "dry British humor"
personally I love it, fits my style, but most don't get it
I'll keep trying, even if just you & I appreciate it! (y)

Reactions: 2premo and Titan II

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you do make the trade, do it because you love the watch you are trading for. Not because of some underlying idea that you have to keep moving up on the horological ladder.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Odd question. From a psychology standpoint asking strangers if you should sell X to get Y tells me you want to get Y but are looking for support in the decision.

Personally I wear Omega because I love Omega. There is something about wait lists, paying over retail and the 'game' of Rolex that simply puts me off. Nothing wrong with a Rolex, but personally I feel Omega is a better brand.

At the end of the day do what makes you happy....

I would keep the Omega's.

Reactions: 2premo
101 - 117 of 117 Posts