• No

Votes: 14 35.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
No, Rolex lives in a mythical world where they produce the best watches in the world, each takes one year to build, a world where stainless steel, unobtanium, is the new precious metal.

In any case this is a hypothetical question since there is none available just large spaces in the ADs windows with wild animals such as polar bears and giraffes where there one were sports watches.

They are a private company and as long as the myth obtains why should they follow the “new” online trend?

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, living in mythical world, as nice as it is, might lead to a sober awakening coming out of a Hypnos's kingdom :)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I voted no.

Rolex makes great watches. Thats their thing.

They dont make enough of them, they dont deal with the problems around scarcity, they dont really interface or provide great “service” to potential clients, heck they dont even really want to talk to their loyal clients that choose to have their watches serviced by Rolex, they get them shipped by ads and communicate through them.

The Ads doing to interfacing is probably best. If Rolex was made to take all that on, I think we may be just as disappointed in the results (or lack there of) that Rolex would only stand to loose their “mystique”

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Yes, and I would go one step further and say that Rolex should start their own e-commerce site/fulfillment. I've actually been saying this for some time now, even during pre-corona times. It'll have to be executed in a very controlled way, and so that their unicorn models remain as such via waitlists, etc. If done right, Rolex can maintain their brand positioning, even build brand equity.

PS - Rolex, if you're reading this and need an experienced executive to run e-commerce, I know a great one. Yours truly. ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I voted no because I like that you have to show up in person to purchase your watch. Theoretically it keeps retail purchases within the AD’s region.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I voted no.

Rolex makes great watches. Thats their thing.

They dont make enough of them, they dont deal with the problems around scarcity, they dont really interface or provide great “service” to potential clients, heck they dont even really want to talk to their loyal clients that choose to have their watches serviced by Rolex, they get them shipped by ads and communicate through them.

The Ads doing to interfacing is probably best. If Rolex was made to take all that on, I think we may be just as disappointed in the results (or lack there of) that Rolex would only stand to loose their “mystique”
We aren't Rolex's clients - their ADs are the real clients.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
No.
Strangely, I think I'd miss visiting Rolex AD's and being informed that, for numerous reasons, I was not eligible to be included on 'the list'.
That kind of rejection really needs to be experienced in person! :-d

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
No. It’s actually quite funny seeing people complain about pricing all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
OT
It is PP that must catch up with Rolex. Rolex bests PP in every credibly inferable business category, which is what online sales modalities are, that exists, except perhaps that of potential buyers' being able to buy them new online.
- Sales volume
- Production volume
- Distribution network
- Name recognition
- Service network
- Production control

The only thing PP "does better" than Rolex is, by my reckoning, movement finishing, and even there, I wouldn't say PP doesn't that better, but rather that it undertakes finishing activities Rolex simply doesn't opt to incorporate into its watches, thus not making it apropos to attempt to compare them on that attribute and its corresponding production activity.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.