WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a lot of Citizen models do not get enough love because they don't have a proper nickname, and are identified by a bunch of hard to remember numbers. When I realized that the 'Excalibur' was just a forum given nickname, I realized maybe we could identify a couple of Citizen models and give them a nickname they deserve.

Yes, I believe that nicknames are earned and not given, but there are definitely some watches that are popular and well-received enough to have a proper nickname.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I had an Excalibur, no clue how it got that name. Nicknames are ok, but it annoys me when people start diluting names for instance, everything with a shroud getting a tuna reference. The Kinetic GMT divers come to mind, to me it resembles the sawtooth case more than anything else. Many Citizens actually have a name like Nighthawk ect. Seikos get names because SKX779 just sounds so lame. Monster is another nickname that gets over used IMO.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
It seems that a model needs some forum popularity before it can approach nickname status. But even then some never get a nickname (SKX007 for examle).
Because 007.

Sent from my [redacted] using Tapatalk

Reactions: cpietras

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had an Excalibur, no clue how it got that name. Nicknames are ok, but it annoys me when people start diluting names for instance, everything with a shroud getting a tuna reference. The Kinetic GMT divers come to mind, to me it resembles the sawtooth case more than anything else. Many Citizens actually have a name like Nighthawk ect. Seikos get names because SKX779 just sounds so lame. Monster is another nickname that gets over used IMO.
I believe the 'Excalibur' name comes from the sword hand on that watch.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Not sufficient.

For example there are several models of the Sumo with different model suffix numbers (SBDC001, 005, 017, 019, 027), but yet they are all called 'Sumo'. The SBDC003 is the only one that has managed to eek out a limited nickname of 'Blumo'.
007 IS the nickname. What's not sufficient?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
some already do, like the orca, nighthawk, the zilla, ecozilla

1 - 20 of 35 Posts