WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in car racing.....no bigger than 45mm, winder or quartz is ok, as it'll be all about the style and not the movement.

Had my heart broken last year by a watch on the f-1 site that was too big.

Christopher Ward has a pretty cool blue stripe, but I dont think I would wear it enough.

So what's out there for the go-fast crowd? :)

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
How about one of these?

I reviewed one awhile back, it is a nice watch. Check the Reviews section out.

I have this too:

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Tissot T-Race line is a natural for a racy look - and there are lots of styles to choose from. Oris F1, as well - always a favorite racing watch.

If you're looking for something really out of the ordinary, though, the other day I was on the World Superbike site, and noticed they have some watches. The company that makes them is an Italian manufacturer I've never heard of, Quarto Di Miglio, and they have some pretty wild race designs. Some pics from their website:

They got more, and all of their stuff is race-inspired. The only problem is - I have absolutely no clue where to get them...Obviously they are available in Europe, if that is where you are, but I couldn't tell you where to get them in the U.S. I'd like to find a place, actually - they are probably a little loud for me, but they have a really cool SBK one that I'd make an exception for.

·
Registered
25,596 Posts
If you're into brands, browse the bay, you may find interesting things…

I got this Alfa Romeo watch myself…

to match the car :-d

Currently on a rally strap :-!

I've seen Porsche, BMW and AUDI watches… probably other brands too…

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
Orient has a bunch. Not my thing personally, design-wise, but I know the movements are excellent. If you are in North America you can go to OrientUSA and here are two from that page:

Attachments

Reactions: curiousMan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some pretty good ideas here, thanks everybody. Though I may need a get rich quick scheme to finance a Monaco. I really like the 2nd image from bootzilla, but sourcing 1 in the USA may be tough.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Seiko 5 Motorsports, model SNZH69K. I LOVE it.

It has this understated look to it. At a distance it looks like a cool military style fashion watch. But when you get closer, the thing comes alive with detail from the speedometer inspired hour markers and chapter ring, the subtle tire pattern on the inner dial, red second hand, the unique grooves around the case that make it look like a piston from a car's engine, red striped crown, all the way down to the cool sporty rubber strap. It's just a cohesive design IMO, that I never get tired of wearing and looking at it from all angles. And even better yet, I picked it up for a song, sub $150.00.

The guys on Yeoman's watch blogged dubbed it "The Piston" due to the case's body looking like a piston.

(Here's the link to Yeoman's review of the watch Seiko 5 Motor Sports – SNZH69K « Yeoman's Watch Review)

I personally prefer the nick, "Gran Turismo" myself because it just oozes the whole japanese motorsports vibe from the PlayStation videogame fame.

The only con it has is the lume. The hour markers are not lumed. Only the markers at the 12, 6, and 9 are lumed. I think sometime this year I'm going to send it off to get the hour markers lumed. Once that's done, I'd say for me it will be the perfect "motorsports" watch.

Here's a couple pics (It's 42MM across the bezel and 43MM at the base due to the unique case design)

·
5,124 Posts
Seiko Arctura Kinetic Chrono for that instrument cluster look:

pic by Jose Santiago

or the classic driver's watch, the Tissot PRS 516:

pic by Aaron Schepler

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I already have a black face / grey crown / black rubber band t-touch, so that may be why I'm looking for different. And if this is putting anyone else in the mood, it looks like a bunch of the Jaques Lemans F-1 watches are on overstocked.

Some I am liking:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find this one quite right for my wrist....

2011-09-24 22.37.13.jpg shot_1316874886235.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the brown and orange version of that Seiko 5 (a happy accident; it was a gift, and I thought I'd suggested the black and red version). Looks awesome on a GT strap.
IMG_20110520_183306.jpg

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you are an old Porshe 917 fan, this should do the trick:

Or this:

Doesn't get much racier than that!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts