WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's the thing: you can get anything that's JDM outside of Japan through any one of a dozen or more service providers, who do just that (like ZenMarket which I use). You can get anything from US in a much similar way (like with Shipito). I am not sure the business of Orient alone would push anyone to create a similar service for sending stuff from Brazil.

... but maybe the thread opener would like to start such a business ! ;)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Guzman,

I'm disappointed and surprised to learn that. I've been searching for a dealer w/ an online site that would ship internationally, which is difficult since I don't speak or read Portuguese. Orient Brazil produces some really good looking sport/dive models that I'm interested in.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Orient Poseidon is undoubtedly the most iconic Brazilian Orient ever. Unfortunately discontinued.

This is my 469ss040 (black dial/back bezel). It is massive. Came with bracelet and rubber. Love the day in Portuguese and the clean dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any of you Brazilians in here want to hook me up?

Hi guys,

I started this discussion and understand your frustration regarding the difficulties to purchase from Brazil.

I have no interest in selling watches, I am just a collector. But i asked a good friend that have a watch shop and he said me he was responsible for sending around 150 Brazilian Orient abroad.

Unfortunately, he told me nothing can be exported since March when the pandemic started. Not good news btw, Brazil rely on a public mail service that is tortuous and slow.

Sorry not being able to help. I believe that a sales channel from Brazil can be reestablished in a near future and I understand this should be done by the sales corner, not here.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hi guys,

I started this discussion and understand your frustration regarding the difficulties to purchase from Brazil.

I have no interest in selling watches, I am just a collector. But i asked a good friend that have a watch shop and he said me he was responsible for sending around 150 Brazilian Orient abroad.

Unfortunately, he told me nothing can be exported since March when the pandemic started. Not good news btw, Brazil rely on a public mail service that is tortuous and slow.

Sorry not being able to help. I believe that a sales channel from Brazil can be reestablished in a near future and I understand this should be done by the sales corner, not here.

Stay safe.

It's all good, I didn't exactly factor in the pandemic...

Hopefully in the near future I can work with someone to get these to the USA

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the Orient 469ss039, my orange beast. Orient Poseidon had 03 different configurations in steel:

Black bezel/Black Dial
Coke bezel/Black Dial
Black Bezel/Orange Dial

A special edition of black bezel/yellow dial was produced for a Brazilian watch forum some decade ago. It is insanely rare!

A full titanium blue dial with blue ceramic bezel is currently the only version available in Orient website. I don’t have it (yet).

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
All good info about the situation in Brazil, and pretty much the rest of the planet. And anyone setting up a way to ship the watches will face significant challenges. It would be great if a larger dealer would create a way for US and other buyers to purchase the BDM watches. Besides the divers I'm attracted to quite a number of the sport series models, most w/ the newer F49 movement. I'll keep watching this thread for further updates. All of you please stay safe and stay in touch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts