WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering this model and would love to see yours and hear what you like/dislike about it.

thanks,
Budman

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Budman2K, you could try checking out this thread: Clipperton or Clean the Ocean?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ad.php?t=4926603&share_type=t&link_source=app

Here’s a recent shot of my Clean Ocean.

What I absolutely love about it? That mesmerizing dial and the way it shifts colour depending on angle and ambient lighting.

Peeves? Very minor ones: the polished bracelet is just a little too blingy for me to wear every day and I secretly wish they had made a brushed option available; also I can’t help feeling that due to the height of the case, the proportions would have been a little better if the watch were a teensy bit wider, say 40.5mm. That and the fact that I can’t easily switch straps due to the proprietary screw-in bracelet design. Nothing serious enough to make me consider giving up that amazing blue dial.

I find it interesting that I somehow think of this watch as a “she”, whereas I automatically think of my Oris Divers 65 as a “he”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Budman2K, you could try checking out this thread: Clipperton or Clean the Ocean?
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ad.php?t=4926603&share_type=t&link_source=app

What I absolutely love about it? That mesmerizing dial and the way it shifts colour depending on angle and ambient lighting.

Peeves? Very minor ones: the polished bracelet is just a little too blingy for me to wear every day and I secretly wish they had made a brushed option available; also I can’t help feeling that due to the height of the case, the proportions would have been a little better if the watch were a teensy bit wider, say 40.5mm. That and the fact that I can’t easily switch straps due to the proprietary screw-in bracelet design. Nothing serious enough to make me consider giving up that amazing blue dial.

I find it interesting that I somehow think of this watch as a “she”, whereas I automatically think of my Oris Divers 65 as a “he”.

Exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Thanks for you honest observations! I'm a little concerned that 39.5mm may be a little small but it looks great in your wrist shot.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Thanks for you honest observations! I'm a little concerned that 39.5mm may be a little small but it looks great in your wrist shot.
Thanks! I do have a really scrawny wrist though ... 6.5 inches, so YMMV. Best of luck with the decision.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I tried one on before purchasing my standard blue 39.5 Blue Aquis. The Clean Ocean has a wonderfully colorful case back with a great back story. However, I realized I liked the clear case back better. In addition, it was noticeably thicker than the standard Aquis. I agree with the comment above...the additional height would be better on a larger watch (my humble opinion only). One thing I would like to note...the blue on the Clean Ocean is fantastic...it's just mesmerizing to me. Hope this helps....
Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
Clean Ocean.jpg
Here is mine when I bought it last July. I love the color. I find it very versatile: I wear it with my suits, especially when I wear blue, as well as with casual clothing. It runs well and is built solidly. I have no complaints.

I have 6.5 wrists, so it does fit, but I couldn't go much larger.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I tried one on before purchasing my standard blue 39.5 Blue Aquis. The Clean Ocean has a wonderfully colorful case back with a great back story. However, I realized I liked the clear case back better. In addition, it was noticeably thicker than the standard Aquis. I agree with the comment above...the additional height would be better on a larger watch (my humble opinion only). One thing I would like to note...the blue on the Clean Ocean is fantastic...it's just mesmerizing to me. Hope this helps....
Joe
I have the regular 39.5, love it. Are you saying the Clean Ocean is thicker than the regular 39.5?

·
Registered
46 Posts

I have the same peeve with my GBRIII... The polished surfaces just attract smudges and finger prints.

I do love the dial color and the bezel... It's versatile in every lighting condition.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the regular 39.5, love it. Are you saying the Clean Ocean is thicker than the regular 39.5?
I haven't looked it up to make sure but I tried one on in Tourneau in Cesar's Palace and noticed a difference when it was on my wrist.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm seriously considering this model and would love to see yours and hear what you like/dislike about it.

thanks,
Budman
I picked up the Oris Clean Ocean via Rob at Topper's just last week. Short story, after my first automatic, a Seiko Orange Monster back in 2007 I wanted the Oris Aquis with the blue dial to be my next, after buying a different Oris model at the time, followed by many watches later.. Omega, IWC, Breitling, Tag Heuer, Tudor and many others at all ranges of the spectrum it was about time.
I have a decent idea of what wears well, and does not on a wrist. My wrists are 7-7.5 inches around and I can wear anything from 39mm-44mm with a lug distance of no more than 51MM, I prefer a case thickness of around 13mm and under. I could have bought a larger model Aquis, though this one called to me and it slips under my dress shirt cuffs, and jackets with ease. As with any watch, a close-up photo on the wrist appears larger than from say 2ft away.
842E51AC-3850-4382-B0AC-FD3889891A05.JPG
138A8B73-12DB-4E55-B827-47B6C63B9564.JPG

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I picked up the Oris Clean Ocean via Rob at Topper's just last week. Short story, after my first automatic, a Seiko Orange Monster back in 2007 I wanted the Oris Aquis with the blue dial to be my next, after buying a different Oris model at the time, followed by many watches later.. Omega, IWC, Breitling, Tag Heuer, Tudor and many others at all ranges of the spectrum it was about time.
I have a decent idea of what wears well, and does not on a wrist. My wrists are 7-7.5 inches around and I can wear anything from 39mm-44mm with a lug distance of no more than 51MM, I prefer a case thickness of around 13mm and under. I could have bought a larger model Aquis, though this one called to me and it slips under my dress shirt cuffs, and jackets with ease. As with any watch, a close-up photo on the wrist appears larger than from say 2ft away.
View attachment 14799161
View attachment 14799163
Congrats! I just got mine today! I'll be posting some pictures here a little later. I love the way the two photos you posted show the difference in the color of the dial depending on light, angle etc.

Enjoy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again to all who posted here. It helped in my final decision to purchase the Clean Ocean LE.
It arrived today and it is absolutely gorgeous. It's a little smaller than I'm used too but I'm sure it will be fine,

Here's a couple quick pics.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Congrats on the watch! I just picked one up myself. As a fan of blue dials, I have to say this is amongst the most beautiful dials I've ever seen.

That said, any suggestions on changing the watch bracelet (I also find it a bit 'blingy')? Any suggested strap tools? Just curious what people's experiences are with this...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats on the watch! I just picked one up myself. As a fan of blue dials, I have to say this is amongst the most beautiful dials I've ever seen.

That said, any suggestions on changing the watch bracelet (I also find it a bit 'blingy')? Any suggested strap tools? Just curious what people's experiences are with this...
It is a little "dressier" than I expected but I just love the overall look so I;m going to leave mine on the original bracelet. If I do something down the road it would probably be a rubber strap option.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm enjoying mine on an OEM rubber strap and it is the best fitting diver I have tried on so far on my 6.25in wrists.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts