WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many watches don't fit into traditional categories they are not exactly sport, dress etc; however, when people see them on your wrist, they always start a conversation. Show me yours, here are mine.

Schaumburg Bloodmoon:

Benzinger LE

And Mickey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
That Schaumburg is very special. Like it!

These of mine tend to get noticed by non-watch people:

Poljot Stadium, funky 1970s.

Retro futuristic Rado Ticino

Eterna Kontiki gets noticed a lot

This chrono Rado also gets noticed

Raketa “UFO”

Mudmaster because it’s a beast

Rado diastar original diver is eyecatchingly differerent and the damasko in the background gets noticed because it is so graphic, severe and crisp.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
The current time on the Hermes Le Temps Suspendu is 12:30, strange, huh?
View attachment 13139131

I didn't know Fiat made a watch
View attachment 13139141
The Hermes is cool, but I don't get it! Plus a date, that actually doesn't show the date!

Then to get technical... Fiat didn't make the watch, it's made by TCM and it commemorates the Fiat Football team, Lancia, Alfa and Fiat cars. I only know, because I have one myself and didn't know anyone else on here had one! Congrats on both.

Now, more about that weird time, date/no date Hermes...

Reactions: Synequano and flu

·
Premium Member
61,529 Posts
That Schaumburg looks fantastic. I could wear literally any watch made and you could bet your last Cent that no one would notice it.

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
Me too. I've yet to have anybody ask about any of my watches. If I ever did, I'm sure it would be the cheapest beater I've got.

That Schaumburg looks fantastic. I could wear literally any watch made and you could bet your last Cent that no one would notice it.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Nobody I know wants to hear me talk about watches let alone engage in a conversation about them. My collection is pretty standard and I don't have anything (like that beautiful Schamburg) that is eye catching or visually unique. My wedding watch (Hentschel H2 Sport) is fairly unique in that the production numbers are very low and not many of them are found in the wild, but only a WIS might know that it's not just another watch.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Posted before in a similar thread...

Only predictable if you've seen me post these before...

A few of mine...

A few moderns...:

How about a Tourbillion?

The old "expected" (with a twist)...:

Some modern weirdos...

Cuz I'm a slide rule fan - I know... what's that (see Juvenia above)?

Otherwise I prefer to say... eclectic, weird, unique... etc.! There's a few more laying around here.

Oh, wait... a couple of divers... out of many!

Lovin wearing this one lately:

An homage to the Rolex (I know that's a bad word around here - but the originals are litterally, not available!):

Still more...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Really interesting stuff in this thread, keep it going!!
Here is a picture of the same watch at (about) the same time. The watch can "suspend time" by pushing a button at 9 (covered by my cuff). Very interesting movement designed by Agenhor in Switzerland and built by Vaucher (in part owned by Hermes). When suspended, the hands move into the near noon position and the date hand hides. Of course, the watch still runs when in suspended mode and a simple click of the button.

hermes time unsuspended.jpg

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The watch that is objectively my real "conversation piece" is one that's relatively unremarkable to many WIS - a JLC GT Shadow. Firstly, it's the one watch of mine that gets comments relatively frequently, which can lead to a demo of it's little party trick. That then leads on to the story of it being invented for polo players in the British Raj and from that point it can fork in many directions. Either way, it's definitely the watch that catalyses chat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
It appears that I have a pretty boring collection,which is probably a good thing. Even, on the extremely rare occasion, when a comment is made on a watch I'm wearing I generally just give a perfunctory nod and move on. I find nothing more boring than to discuss watches except for GTG's and online.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts