WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I might be missing out this year, so make me really jealous and show me what you're eating.

·
Registered
110 Posts
:oops: :oops: :oops: pity me......not going home celebrate with family in home town.....so miss the moment wif family, eating mooncake, chit-chating....having fun.....but now all alone coz study in anoter state........:-s :-s :-s....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mooncake is a traditional chinese culture food, it looks like the pic in below, inside it is some sweet lotus paste, we celebrate the moon cake festival every year, 15 august in lunar calender, mayb mooncake sounds kinda strange to western ppl, mayb u shud try it once wheh hv chance....hehe...:-d :-d :-d

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
Too bad there are no Chinese shops here (I live on a little isolated island), but I would certainly like to try it. Specially colored versions. I saw purple and pink yelly versions that looked very delicious.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks like I might be missing out this year, so make me really jealous and show me what you're eating.
Hey here's a request I can actually fulfill. Even though I am a gwailo, I like moon cakes and recently bought some on my last trip to HK. I only have 2 left. Got them from Wing Wah.
(My kids were not thrilled by the duck egg yolks!) But they are great with some jasmine tea.

\

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Hey here's a request I can actually fulfill. Even though I am a gwailo, I like moon cakes and recently bought some on my last trip to HK. I only have 2 left. Got them from Wing Wah.
(My kids were not thrilled by the duck egg yolks!) But there are great with some jasmine tea.

\

gwailo !!!!! classic !!! been with them for the past 6 yrs and still luving it :-!.

well instead of mooncake, i went bear claw to celebrate the festive season. :-d

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Just come back from my mother's house to celebrate the Mid Autum Festival and enjoyed the mooncake with my family. No matter where we are and what we are doing, we will go back home to stay with our family, like the moon becoming full again.

By the way, the price of one box of the mooncake is about a basic G's.:-d

Cheers,

Wah

·
Registered
110 Posts
(My kids were not thrilled by the duck egg yolks!) But they are great with some jasmine tea.

\
OoO.....U noe how 2speak cantonese.....BRAVO!!! :-! :-! :-!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've never tried a mooncake. :-( I've had way too many moonpies, though..

I might try one if I knew what was in it. :think: Are the colors made with food coloring?

·
Registered
290 Posts
These look too cool to eat!

Mooncake is a traditional chinese culture food, it looks like the pic in below, inside it is some sweet lotus paste, we celebrate the moon cake festival every year, 15 august in lunar calender, mayb mooncake sounds kinda strange to western ppl, mayb u shud try it once wheh hv chance....hehe...:-d :-d :-d

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
No mooncakes, but I am sort of in the spirit. I'm eating steamed chicken and mixed vegetables just delivered from one of our local Chinese restaurants.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts