WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

461 - 480 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm not a bracelet guy, but I'm keen to try the Ti PO on bracelet when I get one.
I wasn’t super into my planet ocean bracelet when I got my 8500 but once I put the micro adjust clasp on I can hardly wear my PO with anything other than the bracelet. It really changes the game. I get a perfect fit all of the time. I think Larry put a titanium clasp on his PO. So he may have the part numbers you need. Enjoy the hunt. I can’t wait to see your PO once you find one.
34EC577D-A7E6-45D4-A638-7BCBD4CBC303.jpeg 35F26736-85C6-4E1F-B3AC-3DB2F65DD636.jpeg 1ED3BEB7-56F2-40C8-B3FC-FBCA68C257A8.jpeg

·
Premium Member
12,658 Posts
Nice looking strap. I've still got my PO8900 on the bracelet but would really like to purchase a second strap. Not an easy task given the odd lug size, unless you go OEM.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
That thick rubber with tang buckle really is something. Shame they haven't brought it to market for the 8500.

The strap for the 8900 is just wrong I feel. Omega are trying to make the watch more luxurious with the gator outer with rubber inner. I think the 8500 version for the PO GMT would fot the 43.5mm 8900 as its a 21mm lug width. Not sure if there would be play due to case height though.

Like yourself I'm super active. Also prefet the comfort of a strap. Been using NATO's a lot recently. Big fear of losing a watch when in water.
regarding play due to case height differences, although I never tried it, I don't see that it'll be an issue, what may present a problem is if there's a lip on the lower side of the strap meant to catch the case from underneath,
if the strap is slimmer than the case, then this lip would press against the side of the case changing not only the angle at witch the strap fits but also the case to springbar distance..

as for natos, and as I stated in another thread, I have this uncanny feeling they facilitate springbar failure, and thus, give preference to more creative solutions, if you'll notice the thread passed from 6 to 12 o'clock

DSC_0001.JPG

·
Registered
491 Posts
I wasn’t super into my planet ocean bracelet when I got my 8500 but once I put the micro adjust clasp on I can hardly wear my PO with anything other than the bracelet. It really changes the game. I get a perfect fit all of the time. I think Larry put a titanium clasp on his PO. So he may have the part numbers you need. Enjoy the hunt. I can’t wait to see your PO once you find one.
View attachment 13319829 View attachment 13319833 View attachment 13319837
Where can I get the micro adjustment clasp? I am on the fence to either order ORM rubber or aftermarket leather. The 8605 GMT should accept 22mm rubber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
regarding play due to case height differences, although I never tried it, I don't see that it'll be an issue, what may present a problem is if there's a lip on the lower side of the strap meant to catch the case from underneath,
if the strap is slimmer than the case, then this lip would press against the side of the case changing not only the angle at witch the strap fits but also the case to springbar distance..

as for natos, and as I stated in another thread, I have this uncanny feeling they facilitate springbar failure, and thus, give preference to more creative solutions, if you'll notice the thread passed from 6 to 12 o'clock

View attachment 13320965
I just had a look at the underside of my strap and it sits about 1mm deeper than the caseback. Doesn’t affect comfort or fit thankfully.

I’ve only worn NATO straps on my 300. I’m thinking the PO would wear too thick on one for me.

Another great shot of that lustrous grey metal!! :)

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Where can I get the micro adjustment clasp? I am on the fence to either order ORM rubber or aftermarket leather. The 8605 GMT should accept 22mm rubber?

An Omega boutique should be able to help you.

Many after market straps are great. I like the look and feel of OEM. Just my preference.

The GMT has a 21mm lug width.

·
Registered
491 Posts
An Omega boutique should be able to help you.

Many after market straps are great. I like the look and feel of OEM. Just my preference.

The GMT has a 21mm lug width.

I will have to go visit one when return to the States.. not sure how expensive the clasp would be in Japan.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
I will have to go visit one when return to the States.. not sure how expensive the clasp would be in Japan.

I wouldn’t know, but it would be worth asking and then phoning a boutique in the states also.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I just had a look at the underside of my strap and it sits about 1mm deeper than the caseback. Doesn’t affect comfort or fit thankfully.

I’ve only worn NATO straps on my 300. I’m thinking the PO would wear too thick on one for me.

Another great shot of that lustrous grey metal!! :)

thanks, and, although many seem not to mind, I also can't see myself at ease adding a nato to the height.
.. but a single pass, maybe a heulit perlon, maybe in 23 or 24mm to keep the surface in contact with the wrist as wide as possible, has tempted me several times

·
Registered
113 Posts
My blushark straps came in and I really think the grey and the Bond style (grey/black) add just the right amount of character to the look of the PO (non orange numbers).

·
Registered
928 Posts
461 - 480 of 841 Posts