WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 447 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge Gshock and Casio fan in general. I was at a family function yesterday and I noticed a relative wearing what looked like a Casio Pro Trek. I wanted to ask him about it and just never got a chance. It had a resin strap and the background on the face appeared green tinted and had large readable digits. Good looking watch. Got me interested in them. Pleas show em if you got em and tell me what you like about them.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Here's my PRW-3500-1CR I get good atomic signal reception here in Michigan just about every night, that is with the watch on a night stand in my basement, no windows nearby. It's great that I can swap out the resin strap for 22mm Natos, with no adapters needed. I love it.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's my PRW-3500-1CR I get good atomic signal reception here in Michigan just about every night, that is with the watch on a night stand in my basement, no windows nearby. It's great that I can swap out the resin strap for 22mm Natos, with no adapters needed. I love it.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
That looks really good. The Nato straps don't look out of place or dimensionally off as some I have seen put on other Casios. I really like the large digits. These aging eyes are starting to appreciate that. Thanks for the response. that is a sharp watch.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Here's a shot of the light...you can still find this and a couple other variations of this model and of course the newer version is the prw-3510-xxx,im not sure of the last 3 digits but you can search the rest and probably find them, also the new ones are supposed to have a sharper lcd, although I've never had a issue with mine.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I don’t really wear these two PRT-4000 all titanium case from 1998/99, since both are NOS so I treat them as collector’s items.

But I do have one more that I keep as spare. Condition is good (obviously not as mint as the other two) but it’s working perfectly. I do wear it once in a while.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a shot of the light...you can still find this and a couple other variations of this model and of course the newer version is the prw-3510-xxx,im not sure of the last 3 digits but you can search the rest and probably find them, also the new ones are supposed to have a sharper lcd, although I've never had a issue with mine.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
It has a nice backlight. Very legible.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
This is my PRW-6600. Light, legible and the field watch style with all-Arabic numerals just speaks to me. It has quick release spring bars, shipped with silicon and textile straps.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
In no particular order and there's a good few more :-d

PRG-240

PRG-110Y

PRG-130GB

PRG-40T

PRG-80L

PRG-80L

PRG-80YT on Extreme diving strap

PRG-80L catching some rays :-d

PRG-110, PRG-80L & PRG-40T

PRW-5000T
iPhone039.JPG

Manalsu PRX-8000T, nicely sync'd with a few friends
2019-03-17 23.26.22.jpg

Honorary member, be rude not to include :-!
IMG_20180924_110430.jpg

and why not :)
IMG_20180807_114730.jpg

All have served well over the years, one of the PRG-80L's compass failed another the strap broke, PRG-130GB went to a friend in need, although the PRG-130Y-1 b-) & PRG-130GC-3 remain. Kind of wish I'd waited on the Manalsu PRX-8000GT-7JF as it's just that bit nicer and a more polished design (pardon the pun) than my base 8000T, although it does have a more functional stance. 8000GT-7JF neon illuminator is also highly impressive, similar to the GWG-100
IMG_20181009_005809.jpg

Manalsu PRX-8000GT-7JF with Edifice ECB800 (in store)
IMG_20180915_200359.jpg

Still have around thirteen ProTrek's, and remain to like the PRW-3510FC, although rather superseded by the GPS Ranger. Just in case, allow me to introduce the PRG-130Y-1 b-) Don't have mine with me right now or a picture at hand, equally one of ProTrek's b-)b-)b-) digitals ever produced and a decent feature set.
iuVWH7838M.jpg

Q-6

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Gone through quite a few of these over the years. Here are some I currently own. I particularly like the design of the older models. Casio was at the top of their game in terms of design in the mid-90s.

[HR][/HR]
PRT-30 (1996)

Love the dual LCD setup and the large 3-digit day display.

IMAG1245.jpg

[HR][/HR]
PRT-610 (1998)

The case on this one unclips from the titanium bracelet from both top links and can clip onto a hook that you can latch onto your jacket or belt. Supposedly used by climbers.

IMAG2586.jpg

[HR][/HR]
PRX-7000T-7JF "Manaslu" (2012)

Casio's fully analog A-B-C watch. Four independent motors powering four different hands, each with multiple functions. Just a marvel of engineering, if not the most practical application. ;-)

IMAG2106.jpg

[HR][/HR]
PRX-8000GT-7JF "Manaslu" (2018)

Like all Manaslus, titanium and resin construction, sapphire crystal, titanium carbide protective coating, and this one is notable for its polished titanium bezel. Beauty and the beast.

IMAG1416.jpg

1 - 20 of 447 Posts