WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

441 - 460 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Congrats mate.. :) (y)
The PRX-2500T-7JF is IMHO one of the most awesome watches in Universe....also really I would not swap it for a Rolex or s.l.t...
What a great full-Titanium watch...
love it...
Actually no PRX models are full-titanium (I've owned PRX-8000 and 7000 models and this is clear if you look closely). They are Ti-resin sandwich construction. The only full Ti Pro Treks were a handful of vintage models from the late 90s. It would be nice if Casio went full-Ti again though, like the MR-Gs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Actually no PRX models are full-titanium (I've owned PRX-8000 and 7000 models and this is clear if you look closely). They are Ti-resin sandwich construction. The only full Ti Pro Treks were a handful of vintage models from the late 90s. It would be nice if Casio went full-Ti again though, like the MR-Gs.
Yes you are right. ✅

.In my eyes, that doesn't reduce the quality/optic "too much"..
But of course - everyone would prefer it without this element ..
Unfortunately we don't know why CASIO does that ..

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Yes you are right. ✅

.In my eyes, that doesn't reduce the quality/optic "too much"..
But of course - everyone would prefer it without this element ..
Unfortunately we don't know why CASIO does that ..
I agree. I don't really care either. These are beautiful watches and I'm looking forward to the next Manaslu.

Reactions: Dxnnis and Vost

·
Registered
909 Posts
Does anyone have a PRW-70 yet? I'm very tempted but trying to choose between the white and the grey-green models, and there is a paucity of real world pics to help the choice

Pics, because pics

Well it seems like nobody has one of these, so I took one for the team. I really wanted to be persuaded by the white model, partly for the positive LCD, but without real world pics it just seemed like a look that could just go too completely wrong in person, so i went safe and went for the grey/green.

Initial thoughts - I'm not sure. There are things I like, but I'm not sure yet I love it. As I suspected, the OEM strap didn't work for me at all - the wings on the back of the strap don't sit well on my ugly lumpy wrist bones. I specifically chose this model for the conventional, metal, lugs - I wouldn't have risked it with proprietary lugs - so at least I can try alternatives. Disappointingly, the lugs are 23mm - no websites give this info, I had hoped they were 22mm, but nope; so I'm making do with 22mm bars and straps for now.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Well it seems like nobody has one of these, so I took one for the team. I really wanted to be persuaded by the white model, partly for the positive LCD, but without real world pics it just seemed like a look that could just go too completely wrong in person, so i went safe and went for the grey/green.
View attachment 15389922
Initial thoughts - I'm not sure. There are things I like, but I'm not sure yet I love it. As I suspected, the OEM strap didn't work for me at all - the wings on the back of the strap don't sit well on my ugly lumpy wrist bones. I specifically chose this model for the conventional, metal, lugs - I wouldn't have risked it with proprietary lugs - so at least I can try alternatives. Disappointingly, the lugs are 23mm - no websites give this info, I had hoped they were 22mm, but nope; so I'm making do with 22mm bars and straps for now.
View attachment 15389930
That's a very nice looking model 👍

·
Premium Member
14,236 Posts
Yamaha XSR900. I was showing a positive display of the Protrek juxtaposed with the neg display of my Yam.
Just watched a video on the XSR900 and it reminds me a bit of my old (from way back in 1996) Suzuki GSF600. Sort of a Standard/Sport bike. I thought I heard the presenter say that it had a throttle by wire. Is that correct? My mind is blown if correct.

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
860 Posts
Just watched a video on the XSR900 and it reminds me a bit of my old (from way back in 1996) Suzuki GSF600. Sort of a Standard/Sport bike. I thought I heard the presenter say that it had a throttle by wire. Is that correct? My mind is blown if correct.
Still has a throttle cable, but then its ride by wire, which is how most modern bikes are now. Even though the XSR has a bit of a retro look, which is one reason why i bought it, it still has all the tech of most modern bikes. 3 engine power settings, variable traction control settings, and the usual FI, ABS, etc etc.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
PRT-30 from 1996. Paid 72 bucks for this from a seller in Japan a few years back. Oldie but a goodie.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
PRW-30YT-1JF "Firefall"

441 - 460 of 490 Posts