WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

481 - 500 of 513 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
In large part through y'alls encouragement while I lurked, I pulled the trigger on my first ABC watch and it arrived yesterday. I'm very happy with it. Still trying to figure out all the functions. How long did it take for you to work it all out? 😉 View attachment 15648081
Nice watch and I have had my protreks for a couple years and I have never bothered with all the functions mainly just the barometer for fun really. Have fun playing around with it and you will soon figure it all out 👍 ;)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
In large part through y'alls encouragement while I lurked, I pulled the trigger on my first ABC watch and it arrived yesterday. I'm very happy with it. Still trying to figure out all the functions. How long did it take for you to work it all out? View attachment 15648081
Nice ProTrek!! There are some good tutorials on YouTube by a guy named Greg Anderson. If he has not reviewed that model he has reviewed a similar model. Gives pretty good explanation of functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you Dxnnis and Wanderer for the tip on Greg Anderson's video. It was very helpful. I'm impressed with the accuracy of the prw-50's altimeter and barometer features. Also, the watch syncs with the radio time very easily. I have not tested the accuracies yet of the compass or the thermometer. They seem good so far. I really like the look of the watch and it's features. Unfortunately, the watch ran 109 seconds fast over the past 24 hours. I will return it if it continues like this. I've never had a new quartz watch run so out of true. Any ideas? Just a lemon?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Also, the watch syncs with the radio time very easily..... Unfortunately, the watch ran 109 seconds fast over the past 24 hours.
Between syncs, it ran that fast? Or did you turn off the sync and then test it? Just curious. I have the PRW-50Y. It's my favorite watch out of the bunch. I've not ever turned off the sync, but at any given moment when I look at it, next to my other atomic watches, it's dead on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It certainly has the potential to be my favorite as well, but that is after having synced it. I'm going to wait a few days before syncing again and see what it does. Oddly, the altimeter has also crept up 140 feet overnight. I'll monitor that as well. Sorry for taking over the thread. Please keep posting your pro treks.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It certainly has the potential to be my favorite as well, but that is after having synced it. I'm going to wait a few days before syncing again and see what it does. Oddly, the altimeter has also crept up 140 feet overnight. I'll monitor that as well. Sorry for taking over the thread. Please keep posting your pro treks.
Making sure I understand. It's not automatically syncing every night? You synced it manually, and within a day, it ran 109 seconds fast?

The altimeter is basically a conversion of barometric pressure. It will "creep" all over the place as barometric pressure changes. If you're going on a climb and want to use the altimeter, you have to calibrate (zero) it out at the base elevation. And, even then, it will be an approximation of your altitude. It will still fluctuate if the barometric pressure changes. I would think of the altimeter reading as a "relative" altitude, not a precise altitude.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup. I don't have it set to automatically sync. The last time it synced was the day I got it in the mail, the afternoon of the 12th. As for the altimeter, I'm much less concerned about that. The barometric pressure here did drop overnight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My prw-50 is dead on with my other mb6 watches. Don't forget that your phone's clock will not be accurate with atomic time if you happen to be using that as a baseline. My phone is off by almost a second. My mb6 watches are perfectly in sync with each other and the time.gov site. I love this watch!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello y'all. I made a foolish mistake but figured I'd post it just in case any others had the same experience. My prw-50 works fine. I just didn't realize that the radio time receiver is disabled when the barometric pressure change indicator is being measured. It's a fantastic watch. And the lume is actually pretty good as well.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello y'all. I made a foolish mistake but figured I'd post it just in case any others had the same experience. My prw-50 works fine. I just didn't realize that the radio time receiver is disabled when the barometric pressure change indicator is being measured. It's a fantastic watch. And the lume is actually pretty good as well.
An easy mistake to make @mpayne ! Most Casio atomics will also fail to auto sync if they are in any mode except timekeeping or world time, if an alarm sounds during the reception attempt, or if a timer is running.

Have been digging my old PRW-S6100 lately. Appreciate the sapphire crystal and carbon fiber band, and has one of the loudest alarms of any of my Casios.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is mine we have a lot of history. Thinking about it (Which is pretty much all I can do currently) every continent, ocean and most seas maxing out at 6190m.
This is actually the third one I have owned, being the only watch I have ever lost or had stolen. I hardly ever wear it these days, as other watches make it redundant. It's not going anywhere though.

Having more than one pair of socks doesn't make me a sock collector.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
This is mine we have a lot of history. Thinking about it (Which is pretty much all I can do currently) every continent, ocean and most seas maxing out at 6190m.
This is actually the third one I have owned, being the only watch I have ever lost or had stolen. I hardly ever wear it these days, as other watches make it redundant. It's not going anywhere though.

Having more than one pair of socks doesn't make me a sock collector.
Pretty cool Pro Trek! Does the features still work just fine?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes still all OK touch wood, at one point the Compass went 180 out of wack and I had to calibrate it about a half dozen times and it suddenly went back to normal,

481 - 500 of 513 Posts