WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a Seiko yet, so it's next on my list. Show me what you've got in the 200-450 dollar range! Thanks.

·
Registered
11,789 Posts
Oh man, you've opened Pandora's box! There are so many cool Seikos at this price range, it would take many pages to list all of them. Here are some of mine.

The Monster is a great watch. Unique look, well made, rugged and at the bottom of your price range. Mine is the "Vampire" and I like the rubber strap, but the bracelet is a well made bargain.

Somebody already posted the SARG01x. I have the SARG015 as I was looking for a blue watch. It's a beauty and I even like the blue leather strap, though I think a nice brown croc would really set this watch off.

The Alpinist (SARB017) is an icon. I just got mine and put it on a leather NATO strap. I don't have any photos of it yet, but it's a classic as well.

There are tons of Seiko 5's under your price range. I have a few, and this one is is a 50th anniversary limited edition with a cool world time bezel and dial.

Finally, you probably weren't considering vintage, but your price range will get you a true icon in the 6139 chronograph. It has horological significance as possibly the first automatic chronograph made, it's absolutely the first automatic chronograph worn in space (Col. William Pogue on Skylab in 1974), and it's one of the last true bargains out there. If it had a Swiss name, you could add a digit to the price. There are a variety of them out there, and mine is the same yellow dial as the Pogue, plus I have a dark blue version. Also look at the 6138 variants (more refined chronograph with more features).

Attachments

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Hope the OP realizes there is an entire sub-forum for Seiko on this WUS website. Anyhow...

SRP605 hacks and handwinds. Got it new for $108 delivered.

SRP607, got it new for $103 delivered from jet.com

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Since you like divers, the SRP777 / 779 has just been released for 2016. This is a re-issue of Seiko's classic 6309 diver with the supercool 'turtle' cushion case. It has the 4r36 movement which is a step up from the popular SKX series. Not yet generally available but worth waiting for.

Not my picture:
IMG_20160103_170717.jpg

Mods will probably move this thread to the Seiko forum soon..

·
Premium Member
38,919 Posts
Be sure to check out the Seiko/Citizen forum and the Affordables forum.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451813474.295425.jpg

·
Registered
398 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts