WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Super Mario Bros' 35th anniversary this year and I picked up this Alba (seiko subbrand) watch earlier in Japan. Would love to see what other collaborations are out there!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
So happy to see Mario Bros., a game from my childhood. My first thought was if gamers and watches are a thing now, it might be time for me to bow out of this hobby lol.

Ok, carry on with the thread...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha I hear you, this was one of my "fun" watch purchases. Still doesn't take away from the hobby!

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
No game inspired watches, but I do still have my old NES in my closet. My N64 too. Both still work!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I love retro games! In fact I play Tetris daily on my GameBoy that I refurbed (something I highly suggest). I don't have any game themed watches but I have a metal G-Shock that I built which I think fits the theme of the era. As for movie themed, I custom made a Boba Fett Rangeman.

Watch Technology Timer

Watch Technology Electronic device Dive computer Cyclocomputer

Electronics Technology Electronic device Gadget Plastic

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap Analog watch

Fashion accessory Badge Emblem Medal Uniform

Boba fett Action figure Toy Fictional character Figurine

Action figure Adventure Figurine Toy Games

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love retro games! In fact I play Tetris daily on my GameBoy that I refurbed (something I highly suggest). I don't have any game themed watches but I have a metal G-Shock that I built which I think fits the theme of the era. As for movie themed, I custom made a Boba Fett Rangeman.

View attachment 15078195

View attachment 15078197

View attachment 15078193

View attachment 15078201

View attachment 15078203

View attachment 15078205

View attachment 15078199
Holy crap these look amazing! This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to see. Appreciate you sharing these! Especially love that metal G-shock that you customized. Any chance you're willing to share where you got the mods??

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Holy crap these look amazing! This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to see. Appreciate you sharing these! Especially love that metal G-shock that you customized. Any chance you're willing to share where you got the mods??

Thanks! The metal G was pretty simple. I ordered the case as parts (no longer available) from the DW5030 anniversary model, transferred the module from a basic square G-Shock into it, and simply left it naked without the resin. Then I took a cheap Casio bracelet from an inexpensive model and filed it slightly to fit the lugs. It was really just a fun project that I did on a whim with parts I had laying around at the time, but ended up becoming one of my all-time favorite G's.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Metal Fashion accessory

The Boba Fett mod was a bit more involved. It involved the band from one model and bezel from another, some paint for the lettering, and (the fun part) scraping it up to give it that Boba Fett vibe. Then, I tinted the display to match using gel filters and cutting them to size to fit inside the case.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for sharing -- definitely seems like a worthwhile side project if it can come out as clean as yours... GREAT pics! Hoping to see more in this thread from others

1 - 8 of 8 Posts