WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Soviet Amphibia 2209 tonneau, all parts original with modern bezel and insert on leather strap.
Nice watch, but I'm afraid the minute hand is not correct vintage, it is from a modern Vostok and has a different lume colour.

Hard to tell also but I suspect the crystal is a modern replacement as well, the Type 119 case had a beautifully domed crystal, whereas the modern crystal has a flat top.

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks for clarifying me those details. You've made me to edit my post and change it ;) Even if it's not 100% original, still love the watch on my wrist.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
thanks for clarifying me those details. You've made me to edit my post and change it ;) Even if it's not 100% original, still love the watch on my wrist.
It's an awesome and well presented watch, however when new members make claims about authenticity of watches in a forum dedicated to the knowledge of said watches then it is not uncommon for more knowledgeable members to step forward and try to politely correct the newer member. It's hard to do it without upsetting people but that is why forums like this exist, to further our own and others knowledge as well as provide an avenue to check on authenticity of prospective or past purchases. Some members choose to ignore others and believe whatever the salesman tells them, and then get infuriated when they are told they have been duped, Caveat Emptor.

I look forward to seeing any other watches you may have and I/we are always happy to provide details and help in the future.

Cheers :-!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well this is a full on frankenstein, every part except movement off the shelf of either Komandirskie.com or Meranom, Meranom still do the dials, hands from Komandirskie.com, case from another place I forget, gilt ring crystal from Komandirskie.com which goes very nicely and voila... 10 minutes doing the easy part, 5 hours over one soppy second hand but its now together on the cushion testing its timekeeping...

I won't be doing this again either what a sodding nightmare.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dunno, that seconds hand looks a little bent to me...

(Ducks and runs for cover!)

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

181 - 193 of 193 Posts