WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I had not idea this dial could be found in other than the compressor case !
1 was interesting, 2 is amazing !!
Thanks for showing Stevoe & Dinkan .

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wooooow amazing

Where do you purchased that dial? I love it

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk
A Russian friend mentioned to me that there is an old dial, similar to the dial in the Vostok Super Compressor. She said it's a bit older than the dial in the Super Compressor and it's very rare. It inspired me to look for it.

fram.jpg

Found this dial on eBay a year later. Looked very much like the dial of the Super Compressor but it was fitted in an ordinary 2416b Vostok Amphibian case. The dial is very damaged unfortunately.

20190803_175232.jpg

Since the positions of the crowns in a Super Compressor case differs from an ordinary Amphibian case I thought that the dial must be either a modern remake or it's a Super Compressor dial with the legs cut off and glued to the movement. I left the ad but the idea of a "Compressor dial" in an ordinary Amphibian case didn't give my mind any rest. I took a chance and bought the watch. I thought that if it was a modern remake I could always use the watch as a daily "beater". It's a beautiful dial either way.

20191009_urtavla.jpg

The watch arrived recently and even if the dial is a bit damaged it has the similar beauty as the Super Compressor. I put the watches side by side and even if the dials looks similar the damaged dial looked a bit larger than the dial in the Super Compressor. The diameter of the dial is different, I think.

20191009_med_syster.jpg

I'm a curious person by nature so I got around to disassembling pieces of the watch just to get a better look at the back of the dial. I needed to know if the legs of the dial was cut off or if it was modified in any other way. This is images of the dial.

20191009_baksida.jpg 20191009_baksida_spegel.jpg 20191009_skadad_urtavla.jpg

I don't know? Is the dial a modern remake or is it the dial that my Russian friend told me about?
Maybe someone could start a thread in the forum to ask the members if they can put some light on the subject? The photos in this post can be used in that thread.
Oh, yes of course. I assembled the watch again. It works fine.

20191010_handled.jpg

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Wooooow amazing

Where do you purchased that dial? I love it

A Russian friend mentioned to me that there is an old dial, similar to the dial in the Vostok Super Compressor. She said it's a bit older than the dial in the Super Compressor and it's very rare. It inspired me to look for it.

View attachment 14554451

Found this dial on eBay a year later. Looked very much like the dial of the Super Compressor but it was fitted in an ordinary 2416b Vostok Amphibian case. The dial is very damaged unfortunately.

View attachment 14554455

Since the positions of the crowns in a Super Compressor case differs from an ordinary Amphibian case I thought that the dial must be either a modern remake or it's a Super Compressor dial with the legs cut off and glued to the movement. I left the ad but the idea of a "Compressor dial" in an ordinary Amphibian case didn't give my mind any rest. I took a chance and bought the watch. I thought that if it was a modern remake I could always use the watch as a daily "beater". It's a beautiful dial either way.

View attachment 14554463

The watch arrived recently and even if the dial is a bit damaged it has the similar beauty as the Super Compressor. I put the watches side by side and even if the dials looks similar the damaged dial looked a bit larger than the dial in the Super Compressor. The diameter of the dial is different, I think.

View attachment 14554465

I'm a curious person by nature so I got around to disassembling pieces of the watch just to get a better look at the back of the dial. I needed to know if the legs of the dial was cut off or if it was modified in any other way. This is images of the dial.

View attachment 14554469 View attachment 14554471 View attachment 14554473

I don't know? Is the dial a modern remake or is it the dial that my Russian friend told me about?
Maybe someone could start a thread in the forum to ask the members if they can put some light on the subject? The photos in this post can be used in that thread.

View attachment 14554493
Congrats on this interesting watch and the story!

·
Registered
692 Posts

View attachment 14554451

View attachment 14554455

View attachment 14554463

View attachment 14554465

View attachment 14554469 View attachment 14554471 View attachment 14554473

View attachment 14554493
Nice story and stuning watch. Enjoy it

·
Registered
692 Posts
Old CCCP Amphibian

View attachment 14605921

The hour hand has been replaced & the lume is a shade whiter which bizarrely I really like ;-)
This model (not my specimen) equiped the Polish Navy divers. Those have issue numbers engraved on the side .
Mine says hi

·
Registered
692 Posts
I love the blue of those dials ... it is amazing that they were issued watches .
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/vostok-amfibia-polish-navy-4896595.html

Nice one Victor !!
Many thanks dear comrade.

I think so, this sunbrust blue dials are amazing. Many many thanks for the link, i didn't know they were issued to the polish army and that sounds so good. These watches are really well constructed and doesn't wonder me that they were isued, and of course with super cool cases

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
141 - 160 of 193 Posts