WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I don't like the 119/090 cases but i have to admit they have fantastic dials!

I used to think they were inelegant, chunky, rather brutal & quite ugly and did not like them at all.
But one dark and cold night ...
when all the Kapitalist Imperialist Swiss Classes Oppressors were ticking away in their sleep...
the Angel Vladimir Ilyich Lenin visited my dream !!

FCE7EEA0-7E72-474F-B2FE-9EB6D5D7BDC0.jpeg

Well... In fact they still are quite inelegant, chunky, rather brutal & ugly...
but now, I just call them my «Soviet beasts» and I do love them all ;-)

13236C95-E025-475F-9479-907FF8A6D29F.jpeg

·
Registered
646 Posts
By accident, the 119 was my first Amphibian and one of my very first soviet watches. It took me a while (a couple years, actually) to start to like it, especially this ridiculous bezel.

·
Registered
189 Posts
For me it was 420, 710, 090.
Then i went full vintage (flipped the 420, 710, left the 090 as a beater) and my collection now looks like Froggy's.
Sure, i have a couple of 3133s, Koperniks, Big Zeros, Calendars...but everyone should have a 119. It's the essence of a russian watch.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
By accident, the 119 was my first Amphibian and one of my very first soviet watches. It took me a while (a couple years, actually) to start to like it, especially this ridiculous bezel.
I do have a nearly mint sunburst 119 Ministry housing and plenty of 22xx movements. I just wrote to comrade Kamburov that I'm, after years of owning the 119 housing, I still can't make up my mind whether to love or to hate it. If there were to be some 22xx dials with a date, at least that bulky "thing" gets a bit more functionality and I may make up my mind to the positive side ......
Any idea's; original date-dials & corresponding hands .... ? :think:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
a Vostok Amphibian early 90’ «Scuba-Dude» . It is the 12-3-6-9 , No-Date model in the 270 hexagonal case sporting those big lume dots .

76EA45EA-AC16-47C5-9F7D-43E6DE6919C2.jpeg

https://watches.gallerie.se/#collection/410935

A rare beast that I have been after for a long long time ... until the very nice WUS member pointed me to the right direction to add it to my little collection - tack så mycket to him !!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very good RedFroggy!
This is one of the best looking watches that Vostok has made, if you ask me. It's also pretty rare.
I was "hunting" for this dial over a year before I found mine. During that year one was snatched in front of my nose as I fetched a cup of coffee. o|:-d
I memorized the details of the watch and trawled eBay every day for a year before I finally found my own.
My little brain has this "tick" that reacts every time I see this watch on eBay. I might see two of these watches a year as I scroll down the lists on Ebay every day.
That's a good catch RedFroggy! |>
Here's the two in my collection:
bb8.jpg_m.jpg 20200219_no_date_scuba.jpg

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
It is indeed a beauty (to my eyes anyway) - Many thanks on all accounts Dikan !!!
I read somewhere that this mdl does not appear in catalogues - What do you think was the original version, Metalic or Black bezel ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's the metallic bezel that's the original. No doubt about that.
Doesn't the catalogues show this watch? I don't look so much in the catalogues. The watches are "transitional". Early -90's. Maybe they were just some experimental dials that were tested on the market? I've seen this dial even in green and heard of a yellow dial.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Indeed... the integrity of the watch is kept . Btw this spare original bezel was saved for a long time & awaiting a «special.watch»...
I think this Scuba is a perfekt worthy & deserving recipient ;-)

161 - 180 of 193 Posts