WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Should we continue the Friday meetings of the Seiko Monster Owners Club?

• Yes

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 17.2%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
My vote goes to yes. I like the idea of having a dedicated day for Monsters, as it may help to consolidate all of the other countless threads dedicated to this watch. Plus, I love my BM and I love seeing what others are doing with theirs. :-!

Now I just need to fashion my own little Black Monster signature. b-)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vote goes to yes. I like the idea of having a dedicated day for Monsters, as it may help to consolidate all of the other countless threads dedicated to this watch. Plus, I love my BM and I love seeing what others are doing with theirs. :-!

Now I just need to fashion my own little Black Monster signature. b-)
I had actually contacted the guy who did the original sig. He was going to work on one, but doesn't have a BM for the shot. Maybe one of you BM owners want to lend him a hand?

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Aw, why not? Maybe voting yes will entice me to bring one of my twins from their boxes and wear them. Besides, I've been saying I want to get a bracelet for one since I got them.
Does wearing cousins count, or does it have to be the Monster?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I had actually contacted the guy who did the original sig. He was going to work on one, but doesn't have a BM for the shot. Maybe one of you BM owners want to lend him a hand?

Cheers!
Mike
I'd love to send along a picture...but I'm afraid that anything I could conjure up wouldn't be up to snuff.

Perhaps some folks could submit some possible entries into this thread? I know jbdan takes some awesome pics, but I can't remember if he has the OM or the BM. :think:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aw, why not? Maybe voting yes will entice me to bring one of my twins from their boxes and wear them. Besides, I've been saying I want to get a bracelet for one since I got them.
Does wearing cousins count, or does it have to be the Monster?
Yeah sure. A Monster is a monster! ;-);-)

Cheers!
Mike

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Sure why not. That said, unless someone takes some initiative to have special projects for different fridays, such a gathering runs the risk of becoming repetitive. It's up to you guys to think of different things worth doing to keep Monster fridays fresh and interesting.

BTW, I finally mounted my OM on an Anvil bracelet. all I can say is WOW, why did it take me so long to do this? The monster bracelet is nice, but the anvil turns this into a completely different watch. Me Likey VERY much.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
BTW, I finally mounted my OM on an Anvil bracelet. all I can say is WOW, why did it take me so long to do this? The monster bracelet is nice, but the anvil turns this into a completely different watch. Me Likey VERY much.
Got any pics yet, Gabe? I am wanting to get at least one bracelet for one of my Monsters. The other I think I will leave on the rubber. Not sure if I like the Monster bracelet or not :think: I actually didn't think I'd like bracelets so much, but am finding I prefer them.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Haven't had a chance to take pics as I only did it last night. I do have some observations though. The bracelet is heavier than the monster bracelet, even though it is narrower. Use it and your monster will gains some weight. The clasp only has two adjustment holes. since the links are spaced so widely, microadjustment might be an issue for some. Since the bracelet is fully brushed, it makes the polished surfaces of the watch stand out - it doesn't look bad, but I'm not yet sure how I feel about the look. Lastly, you lose the divers extension on the swap.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Lastly, you lose the divers extension on the swap.
I actually need to lose them-- the darn strap is so long and my wrist so small it nearly wraps around to the case again. I either need a bracelet or smaller strap. I could use something else as a strap holder, but I'd rather not. And there's not chance of my wrist getting any fatter any time soon, so...
Curious how that bracelet looks. Right now I am not sure how I like the bracelet on my Landmonster. Not sure how I like the brushed against polished look. Whether I like it or not, though, the bracelet will stay.

**I know I promised pics of this new one (SNM035) guys, but I will have to get them done tomorrow after work. A promise is a promise. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure why not. That said, unless someone takes some initiative to have special projects for different fridays, such a gathering runs the risk of becoming repetitive. It's up to you guys to think of different things worth doing to keep Monster fridays fresh and interesting.

Then you have to wear it this Friday! With pics!:-d:-d(Listen to me, I'm the worst procrastinator when it come to pics!:-d:-s:-d:-s)

BTW This is one of my favorite combos!

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm hoping to be joining you all in a while when I find a good deal on a bracelet'd OM.
I've got an Auto Black Knight in the mail to me right now.
Both are a fun step up from my Pulsar chrono (quartz)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts