WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Since few people posted images of early 17 jewels Beijing BS-2 model watches, I decided to show off a few from my collection.:-d

Here is the 1st one, the gates of the Tiananmen logo is filled black, and only two stripes at 12 o'clock.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another one with 3 stripes at 12 o'clock, and the gates of Tiananmen is not filled.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two textural dial early BS-2s. The silver dialed one on the left is even less common. |>

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A later 17 jewels and then 18 jewels version. There are two 17 jewels movements, one with a screw balance, and a smooth balance. This one has a smooth balance.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
I'd :p:p:p but that can be assumed. :-d

Zhang, your collection is a dream :-!

I LOVE the silver dial!

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is also one of my recent acquisitions. Although it is not as grand as Soviet's pieces, it is no less spectacular (self praise :-d)

I note the Tiananmen logo on mine has 5 entrances while Soviet's has seven. Is there a story behind this ?

Hello, actually the Tiananmen only has 5 entrances, the "extra two entrances" on Soviet's watch are actually the marble pillars in front of Tiananmen.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hello, actually the Tiananmen only has 5 entrances, the "extra two entrances" on Soviet's watch are actually the marble pillars in front of Tiananmen.
Thanks Scotttlp. Didn't realise that the 2 are the pillars.Otherwise, there must have been some fengshui renovations done to reduce them to 5 in Beijing SZB era :-d

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

This is also one of my recent acquisitions. Although it is not as grand as Soviet's pieces, it is no less spectacular (self praise :-d)

I note the Tiananmen logo on mine has 5 entrances while Soviet's has seven. Is there a story behind this ?
Your earliest Beijing SZB is equally grand. It is in like new condition.:-! I am curious what is written under the balance?

The two pillars you saw on BS-2 dials are actually HuaBiao(华表). I am not sure why they were are called Huabiao(Chinese clock?). They look more like a decoration rather than a time-piece.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd :p:p:p but that can be assumed. :-d

Zhang, your collection is a dream :-!

I LOVE the silver dial!
Thanks for the kind words. Did you notice that the silver dial's Tiananmen logo has a different shape? I heard that those silver dial BS-2s were gifts to delegates of a meeting. These, and those solid gold BS-2s were not sold on open market.;-)

·
8,169 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.
You're welcome :)

Thanks for the kind words. Did you notice that the silver dial's Tiananmen logo has a different shape? I heard that those silver dial BS-2s were gifts to delegates of a meeting. These, and those solid gold BS-2s were not sold on open market.;-)
Did I not drool sufficiently? ;-) :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p :-d:-d:-d

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The following are the movement shots. The date code is B74 : Beijing 1974 ???

.....]
Thanks. Yes, I think it was made in 1974.:-! I have one with 73, and another with no words under the balance. I think that the one with no words could be a prototype.
Those early Beijing 17 jewels standard movement watches are not so common.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Ron,

I think it is time to have your museum pieces insured. Those are some true evidences of Chinese horological history.:-! |>b-)

The early BS2s are good example. I can't find them with the price I paid just a few years ago.

·
8,169 Posts
Hi Ron,

I think it is time to have your museum pieces insured. Those are some true evidences of Chinese horological history.:-! |>b-)

The early BS2s are good example. I can't find them with the price I paid just a few years ago.
Thank you, Zhang.

I'm hoping the Chinese vintage collectors in China leave at least a few prizes for me to find when I visit China later next year which will probably be about August if all goes according to plans.

( The best way to make the gods laugh is to tell them your plans ;-) )

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you, Zhang.

I'm hoping the Chinese vintage collectors in China leave at least a few prizes for me to find when I visit China later next year which will probably be about August if all goes according to plans.

( The best way to make the gods laugh is to tell them your plans ;-) )
Waw! That is a big news.:-! It reminds me of an Australian camera collector who collected vintage Chinese cameras for years, and in the end he donated his collection to a Chinese camera museum.:-d He visited China regualrly for camera fairs, but I hope you will keep your collection, and let them grow. Old cameras are just a decoration today, but mechanical watches can always be used.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts