WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 941 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seiko 007/009 & Citizen NY0040/0045 owners are showing theirs off, so why not Makos and Rays?
I know that there is a thread for showing Orient mods, but what if you want to show your stock ones.
All welcome, stock or modified.
I'll get the ball rolling.
IMGP4095.JPG IMGP4266.jpg IMGP4138.JPG With some other guys who were just hanging around. IMGP4340.jpg

·
Registered
Seiko, Orient, Aragon, Deep Blue, Bulova, Swatch, Gruen Pocket Watch, Illinois Pocket Watch, Vostok
2,768 Posts
I love my Mako XL luminous dial with a black Nato strap.

I also love my new Mako USA too. Freaking awesome upgrade from the standard Mako's for just a little more cost.

Also in the picture is my Planet Orient with a modified HR silicone strap.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

DTR + 4.10's + Eaton swap = Wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom

·
Registered
7,960 Posts
Just received my Orange Mako today. Still deciding on what strap to use to replace the original

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
583 Posts
I really bonded with this black Mako over the summer. It has survived 104 degree days here in Madrid. I took it cycling almost every day and I swam with it and grabbed it every time I didn't want to risk one of my other watches. I treated it like your basic beater watch but so far it doesn't have a scratch on it. I'd switch out the NATOs sometimes putting it on a white one or this one which matches everything. The size is just right. People spend a fortune on divers and there are some really nice ones out there but, for me, this guy has it all (although the Mako USA has it all plus a little more- it's definitely on my short list.)

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received my first Orient Ray in Blue yesterday. I ordered the one with rubber strap after reading not so positive things about the metal bracelet.
Just after wearing it as it is, I hated the look of the rubber strap and quickly switched it with another 22mm spare strap that I have! The combination looks okay, it at least looks better than the original strap IMO!
I love how the watch feels and performs, my biggest gripe is that I find it to be a little small on my wrist. I don't have huge wrists, my wrist size is about 7".
Now, I'm looking to get some good leather straps for my Ray! Any suggestions are much appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I imagine it to spend most time in office environment! So, I'm looking at something that makes the watch a little dressy but not too formal! Some of the brown leather straps look interesting on them I guess!

1 - 20 of 941 Posts