WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your Seiko 5

Tags
retro seiko
2M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  Planet_Ocean_UK 
#1 ·
Just got my first Seiko 5. I love the watch! Amazing value. I wonder why Seiko does not sell there value line in the United States. They could clean up if they were in Macy's and the like. Better price and a zillion times better than any Fossil or Invicta I have ever seen! Anyways lets see your Seiko 5s! Comments welcome all around!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It seems like that Seiko 5 mechanical automatic movements hold up better in other watches than the hardlex version. And, they sell Seiko Monsters on Amazon which is in America. You mean, why don't they sell Seiko Monster in retail stores, right? Seiko Monsters are pretty expensive compared to Invicta or Fossil for one. I could buy three to four Invicta Pro Divers with the same mechanical automatic movement for $50 for one Seiko Monster.

Reactions: mykkus
#4 ·
It's true the Seiko 5s are great value, and many of them don't seem to get distributed outside Asia except gray market. Here's my SNZG15J1, which seems only available from internet sources. In fact it's the watch I was interested in when I came researching here on WUS three years ago. Yes, these are gateway drugs. :-d

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#9 ·
It's true the Seiko 5s are great value, and many of them don't seem to get distributed outside Asia except gray market. Here's my SNZG15J1, which seems only available from internet sources. In fact it's the watch I was interested in when I came researching here on WUS three years ago. Yes, these are gateway drugs. :-d
+1 !! This is exactly how I got into WUS too.

Funny thing is, I never did buy one of these but I seem to slowly be building a collection of every other WUS favourite.;-)

- mrwomble

#16 · (Edited)
Here are mine - the familiar ones: SNKL09, SNX123, SNK809