WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show underwater swimming photos of only water resistant watches. Watches with a waterproof rating of 30 meters or less.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No particular reason other than to see what they look like.

That's why people have posted underwater photos of dive watches—simply to show what they look like underwater. Other than that, why would anyone feel the need to post photos of dive watches underwater? We know they can go underwater without any problems.

But we don’t know if water resistant watches can, despite what their water depth rating suggests. So it would be informative for collectors to know this in case they want to buy a particular model.

So any underwater photos of such watches would demonstrate they they are indeed water resistant and in some cases even "dive-resistant".

·
Banned
626 Posts
I agree.

Photos of watches that can go to a depth of 30 meters don’t seem to have been tested that much in real world underwater scenarios—at least the photo evidence for this is lacking, or very rare.

I’ve seen countless threads here of people posting photos of dive watches underwater but not photos of 30 meter watches (including Seiko dress watches, Timex field watches etc).

This thread could prove very useful in that respect.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'll bite.

SNK803 on a lilly pad.jpg

At our cottage on a small lake in Michigan. I had it on this ~$9 "waterproof" lather band for two years before I wore it out.

It's seen use swimming in the lake, at a waterpark a couple times and two seasons in the pool business.

WRYW 5-20 SNK803_01.jpg

Here I was doing some dumb water fastness test in response to an old thread about 3atm watches, I never actually posted. It went into the fridge after submersion to check for condensation.

water fridge test 04.JPG

I think this watch is near un-killable.

Regularly dunk my Shinola Runwell, that's rated to 5. Really, any modern watch that I have no reason to doubt the seals with a 3 atm rating will go in the water without a second thought from me.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks. I’m glad to know it’s not as stupid a topic as some people here have suggested it is.
Actually, I think maybe it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
A lot of talk around the forum lately about 3 ATM watches being perfectly fine for swimming, but based on this thread there are very few people willing to back it up with a picture of their watch actually in use while swimming.

I can't say i'm surprised to be honest.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts