WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1528 Posts

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing Dick Jagger's impressive collection of non G-Shock Casios in another thread, I was wondering about how many Affordables members have a collection of Casio's less high profile but high value watches. This includes Edifice, Sports, Pathfinder/Protrek, Waveceptor, Classic, Dress, Databank and plain old drugstore Casios.

Here's some of mine, Sports models:

Forester (lousy pic but great watch for $20):

An old chrono beater I've had for 15+ years:

Pathfinders:

Post 'em up!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Great watches Griff. I just got this MDV-102 for <$50. What a great value!!! Well built, beautiful, keeps perfect time. Lume is OK but the twin LED back lights are blinding. I love it. Also grabbed a dozen of these (+1 for me) AL180 alarm chronos for peanuts. Used as party favors for a kid's birthday. Only downside is no back light (and I had to charge and set them before the party :-d) but the kids loved them.

·
Registered
26,423 Posts

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I love Casio! Most Gs are too big for me though. My only two Casios are both solar-atomic, so I won't have to change batteries: Waveceptor and an older model Oceanus. I love how the Oceanus hands move smoothly and precisely into position when it wakes up into daylight, like it's happy to see me and ready to serve.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot about the Oceanus, great looking watches! G-Shocks are cool too, I got a couple ;-) but we know there's lots of G's on here. Sometimes I think G's get all the attention while they are only one segment of Casio's large watch line. Every time I'm in the drugstore I marvel at their ability to put out so many models at so many price points. Sort of the 'everyman's' watch, the way Timex has been for a long time.

If the only Casio you have is a G, post it up too, here's mine:

The GW-1500 started it for me for G-Shocks, I bought it to "set all my other watches" to, yeah right, that's what I kept saying :-d

Next was the GW-9200 Riseman:

Which I loved, but then saw these and I had to get one:

And after reading everything about them and drooling over the whole GW-200 series, my MIRB Frog:

I had an atomic Frog but sold it, it was just a big too large for me, and that's saying a lot after wearing Suunto's and my PAG-80T!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I currently have 4:
An MDV-102
marlin.jpg
An HDA-600
HDA2.jpg
I think this one is called an MW-600....
redcasio.jpg
And last but not least, the Waveceptor that whatmeworry gave to me(Thanks again Olly!!)(I also had to borrow one of Olly's pics, because I have not been home since it arrived)
waveceptor.jpg (wow, what a big picture)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've only got the one Casio, a Waveceptor that looks very much like @Skywatch's, but on a bracelet...and a bit...um...older. I've had mine for nine years or so.
DSC01633.JPG

I think I've only had four Casio's in my lifetime, because they last so darn long. I had one from 6th grade to...um...junior year of high school. The next fell and shattered the glass after only a year. The third went from senior year of high school until my mid twenties, and I don't think it died...I think I just wanted something different-looking. Now this one's showing no signs of quitting...

·
11,870 Posts
Casio has been one of those brands I want to love, but often sell for some reason....here is my current stash of Casio's, all the rest are gone....

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I'm a big Casio fan. In addition to three G-Shocks I have a Wave Ceptor and an Oceanus.
Russ, when I see those two Casios on the daily wrist threads, I laugh a bit, because they are both the prettier versions of the two that I have. Great minds might think alike, but I might like your finds better than my finds! :)

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,169 Posts
Casio Oceanus | Japanese OC108L-7AV - white/OC-108L-1A - black | sapphire crystal, alarm, textured dials, good lume and 100m water resist.. Great pair of watches, set me back $125 for the pair:

and I wear the black now on Watchadoo, switching the black & brown leather on the white face...

1 - 20 of 1528 Posts