WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any yet, my incoming El Primero will be my first ...

Please post plenty of pics of your high-beat beauties. Hoping to see a lot of lovely vintage pieces. Strictly mechanical, of course :-d

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Only one - a late 60's Longines 18K Ultra-Chron caliber 431:

It passed the 30 meter water resistance test a couple months ago:

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I usually don't care for gold watches, but that is top notch. :-!

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,342 Posts
I don't have any yet, my incoming El Primero will be my first ...

Please post plenty of pics of your high-beat beauties. Hoping to see a lot of lovely vintage pieces. Strictly mechanical, of course :-d
Here you go. The Zenith AF/P with the original caliber 405 movement running at 36,000 bph. Borrowed picture, but I bought the watch. It's on a Zenith croco deployant strap. The very large screwdown crown doubles as a channel changer on this tv styled watch.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gorgeous Longines :p ... the Zenith's not too bad, either :-d

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Pardon my ignorance -- the Longines movement is an in-house one?
No worries - nobody can know everything. Ask me about vintage Rolex and I wouldn't be able to complete a sentence with what I know. :-x:-d

Yes, the 431 is an in-house caliber. Here's a little blurb I did on each of the Longines in-house automatics up to the quartz revolution: http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/longines-forum/35800-longines-vintage-automatics.html. To get more on the 431, click on "430". Besides a couple notes on the movement's specs, I added a link that about covers it all. There was no point rehashing what was said on Montresuisses.blogspot because they covered it completely.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Gorgeous A3818! Especially the dial and case ... :p

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, Rob!! :p:p

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The classic Zenith El Primero for me...

Yum, gorgeous watch! Is that an 01.0500.400? I'm getting an NOS Ref. 02.0500.400/24 (black dial, SS bracelet, Class 4, I believe) in a few days time, can't wait!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts