WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys this thread is show us what you do for a job and show us a picture of your office, the veiw from your office or work place
doesnt matter where you work, we are all intrested in what each other does
ill start
i work as a driller in the mines i do exploration mining this is finding the precious metals before they dig it all up

hows the colour of the red dirt it gets into everything

this is my office in the australian bush. cant get better than this out in gods country

now thats a bull bar
mad max eat your heart out

some of the big toys near us

now its your turn

·
Registered
936 Posts
Can't compete with that but here I am in the Reference section of the Library where I work (and post to WUS now and then...;-) )

I look a bit stunned because I'm in the process of telling someone how to use the new Library camera!

MB_at_work.jpg

·
Registered
904 Posts
This is our little office. It has three suites the main suite and two are being rented out to a lawyer and the other just moved in, a podiatrist. I was busy all day yeasterday installing ballasts and Phillips T8 fluoroescent lightbulbs and two water heaters, 1 gas & 1 electric. The place is so blue now. They are really excellent bulbs.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Can't compete with that but here I am in the Reference section of the Library where I work (and post to WUS now and then...;-) )

I look a bit stunned because I'm in the process of telling someone how to use the new Library camera!

View attachment 34582
That cartoonist took a bit of a liberty with your nose... but he did make you slimmer... :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Here are a few pictures of my workplace ...

the bland exterior

the bland interior!

some hard at work Detectives!

and one of the tools of the trade! b-)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I work at A Wine & Spirits store in Milford, Ct. I help my brother in law out while I am getting my degree so I keep monry in my pocket and have flexible hours so I have time to study and do my work. I will finally get my degree in a year or so in the Medical Ad/Medical billing and coding. Anyway heres my work!

http://www.pondpointwines.com/index.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a college student so I guess when I'm not studying everything else is work! :-d

I'm in NROTC so here's a couple of pictures from training.

This was a drill for firefighting

Here we constructed a one rope bridge over a ravine during Mountain Warfare school

For school I do research with self consolidating concrete. This type of concrete is has a very low viscosity (it's like water almost) and is easy to work with. Since it's so watery, the aggregate tends to settle at the bottom, very bad.

My research deals with internal relative humidity. Some of our more sensitive testing goes on in a sealed room. We're trying to measure concrete and cement shrinkage over long periods of time (4-5 yrs)

And for fun here's our concrete canoe team's collection, with the test chamber at the bottom.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
A lot of cymbals in that drum-kit, John (and not a few drums)...

Reminds me of Carl Palmer!

·
Registered
936 Posts
A lot of cymbals in that drum-kit, John (and not a few drums)...

Reminds me of Carl Palmer!
Nice to see other drummers here! Sadly, no kit myself at the moment but I do have pics if anyone's that interested/desparate...

·
Registered
936 Posts
That cartoonist took a bit of a liberty with your nose... but he did make you slimmer... :)
I'm prepared to trade the appearance of weight-loss for having a bit of a beak! :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
You could play chords on that if you had more arms. :)

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Hi John,

That's a huge drum kit! It should sound impressive when you play on it. Your "Incredible Ride" and dog picture are funny!

Cheers,

Sjors
Thank you Sjors! John Wilson.P. S.The young lady is "TINK"

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
That's a cool looking work environment Sjors. You've got a nice view too.

I can see the giant G-shock on the cupboard, are there any others hiding somewhere ?

cheers,

1 - 20 of 56 Posts