WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
301 - 320 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Hey folks!

First post on WUS. Excited to join this amazing community of watch enthusiasts and aficionados! I've been eyeing the Big Zero for some time now, and finally made the plunge when I stumbled across this unique gem with a semi-precious (jasper) dial. The gold casing/bezel and hour markers perfectly accent the shades of red on the dial.

View attachment 15744154 View attachment 15744203
Welcome! We're glad to have you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My one and only big zero, Is this one real or fake?, thanks.
I'm currently looking for one myself and from everything I can see in this photo, it looks real. The most common giveaway of a fake Big Zero that otherwise looks genuine is that the numbers and triangles are printed on the dial, rather than applied resin/plastic. The markers on yours are slightly glossy and reflect the light differently to the white dial, so in my opinion yours looks real, but I'm not an expert. Would you mind sharing how you got your hands on one? Genuine ones in such good condition are apparently very difficult to find.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Genuinely interested - how do you tell there that the dial is fake, what gives it off?

edit: the "P" being incomplete on "СДЕЛАНО В СССР"?
As far as I've learned, a genuine Big Zero will have applied resin/plastic numbers and triangles, rather than printed on the dial, so you can tell a genuine one by seeing whether the markers are slightly raised, have clean (rather than rough) edges, and are slightly glossy and reflect the light differently to the white dial. I'm looking for a genuine Big Zero myself but sadly everything I've seen on eBay thus far looks fake, even though the sellers have good reviews.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, great thread. I am on the lookout for a Big Zero and stumbled across this one at a local store. This will be my first Raketa, so just wanted to be 100% on its authenticity before purchasing as they are attaching a decent premium to it! What does everyone think about this one? I can seem to find anything matching online.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,008 Posts
Received mine from samun too, it like the reassurance I'm getting the real thing and I'm supporter a watch enthusiast. It came with a NATO strap, but I changed it over to this strap I found lying around on a dead fashion watch while cleaning the house. What do you think?

It looks ok.
IS RUSSIAN BEAR DA?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks,

Yeah, I have struggled to find any faces with the 19 jewel inscription, but have seen there are 19 jewel zeros. Here is another pic, but it doesn't help (me) much.
I've also never seen a dial like this. It's hard to tell with the bad resolution photos but somehow the way the light hits the 3 and the 5 o'clock marker makes me think it could be genuine. Best to wait for one of the pros on the forum to answer.

301 - 320 of 334 Posts