WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
321 - 334 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
movement is right. It is made in Late SU and has caliber stamped on the ratchet wheel. As far as the dial: photos are too bad to clearly see.
Thanks, I'll go check out the face carefully. I have read the guides but am a bit lost with it to be honest. Is it as simple as the numbers being 'painted' as opposed to printed. As well as clarity etc? I haven't found any faces online which make mention to the number of jewels, this was my main concern to be honest.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Thanks, I'll go check out the face carefully. I have read the guides but am a bit lost with it to be honest. Is it as simple as the numbers being 'painted' as opposed to printed. As well as clarity etc? I haven't found any faces online which make mention to the number of jewels, this was my main concern to be honest.

Thanks!
I agree: never seen one like this. Usually when you see high quality photos you can spot the fake dials easily. If the seller does not give normal photos and given this strange ‘extra jewels text’ I would assume the worst and pass

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree: never seen one like this. Usually when you see high quality photos you can spot the fake dials easily. If the seller does not give normal photos and given this strange ‘extra jewels text’ I would assume the worst and pass
OK, great. Thanks.

By chance, are there any reputable ebay sellers or reputable websites you can suggest?

·
Banned
42 Posts
Hi WUS,

Is this a real or fake Big Zero? I have a gold plated version which I bought on ebay, my only concern is the dial looks printed and the crown does not look like it is gold plated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Hi WUS,

Is this a real or fake Big Zero? I have a gold plated version which I bought on ebay, my only concern is the dial looks printed and the crown does not look like it is gold plated.

View attachment 15857726 View attachment 15857727 View attachment 15857728 View attachment 15857729

View attachment 15857743

Thanks.
exterior is all right including dial. Crown lost some gilding. Movement is a replaced one from an earlier Raketa. Note it has beveled edges (and during Perestroika movements were already simplified). Also the movement has a serial number and the back cover has a number: not right. 1 watch = 1 number. Movement is from the times/watch that did not have the number on the back cover.

·
Banned
42 Posts
exterior is all right including dial. Crown lost some gilding. Movement is a replaced one from an earlier Raketa. Note it has beveled edges (and during Perestroika movements were already simplified). Also the movement has a serial number and the back cover has a number: not right. 1 watch = 1 number. Movement is from the times/watch that did not have the number on the back cover.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi y'all! First time, long time, yada yada...

I bought this Raketa Big Zero recently after doing a little (perhaps not enough) research. It all looks and runs well, except the actual Raketa name/logo on the dial. I have a hard time believing someone would go through the trouble of faking the watch and applying the indices and numerals correctly, and simply print an incorrect logo? But who knows...

Has anyone seen this before? Could it be some variation? Or am I simply another rube? Thanks :)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts

I bought this Raketa Big Zero recently after doing a little (perhaps not enough) research. It all looks and runs well, except the actual Raketa name/logo on the dial. I have a hard time believing someone would go through the trouble of faking the watch and applying the indices and numerals correctly, and simply print an incorrect logo? But who knows...

Has anyone seen this before? Could it be some variation? Or am I simply another rube? Thanks :)

View attachment 15999121 View attachment 15999122

Yes, the text is thin but the quality is great. I think it is a variation. Legit. Lets see what other folks say.

·
Registered
850 Posts

Logo aside, I don’t think the crown is correct.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi All!

There is a seller advertising "NOS" Raketa Big Zeroes on eBay with a box and papers.

Here is an example:

Do you think these are genuine?
I've been sent a picture of the movement which is a 2609HA SU as displayed on the crown wheel which I believe is for later models.

I am concerned that the date of manufacture on the papers appears to be 1995 despite being dial saying "made in CCCP in Russian. (Vendor has confirmed it was made in 1995) I realise it could still be authentic and assembled from old parts, but don't know if this actually happened.

Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Hi All!

There is a seller advertising "NOS" Raketa Big Zeroes on eBay with a box and papers.

Here is an example:

Do you think these are genuine?
I've been sent a picture of the movement which is a 2609HA SU as displayed on the crown wheel which I believe is for later models.

I am concerned that the date of manufacture on the papers appears to be 1995 despite being dial saying "made in CCCP in Russian. (Vendor has confirmed it was made in 1995) I realise it could still be authentic and assembled from old parts, but don't know if this actually happened.

Any help would be really appreciated.
the guy has too many fakes/frankens. I do not buy it. Just my personal take…

·
Registered
17 Posts
the guy has too many fakes/frankens. I do not buy it. Just my personal take…
Thankyou Odessa200, I was really hoping to get your advice as I value it a lot in the world of Russian watches.

I agree that it is strange that he has obviously fake watches with the wrong hands alongside what he is claiming to be genuine. I think if it was genuine and NOS then it would be a price I was willing to pay but if fake then it's a big cost.

For once my partner is interested in a watch, she really likes the gold-plated Raketa Big Zero. Would you mind looking at this one?

My thoughts, for what they are worth are:
  • Case: Looks correct
  • Dial: Looks OK but can't tell if markers are applied or printed from the photo. The wedges are not pointed so that is a good sign, Language is correct. The font on the smaller text looks a little blurry but could just be the photo.
  • Handset: Looks correct with small points at the end of the hands. Second hand flares which I also believe to be correct.
  • Caseback: Different colour to watch but that appears to be standard? Three digit code which I believe to be correct.
  • Movement: Has 2609NA marking and SU marking which I believe is correct
  • Crown: Looks basically flat but slightly convex which I understand to be correct. It is slightly worn.
  • Crystal: Looks flat so correct, not sure if original but doesn't matter.

Thanks so much to you Odessa or anybody who can help : )

Attachments

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Thankyou Odessa200, I was really hoping to get your advice as I value it a lot in the world of Russian watches.

I agree that it is strange that he has obviously fake watches with the wrong hands alongside what he is claiming to be genuine. I think if it was genuine and NOS then it would be a price I was willing to pay but if fake then it's a big cost.

For once my partner is interested in a watch, she really likes the gold-plated Raketa Big Zero. Would you mind looking at this one?

My thoughts, for what they are worth are:
  • Case: Looks correct
  • Dial: Looks OK but can't tell if markers are applied or printed from the photo. The wedges are not pointed so that is a good sign, Language is correct. The font on the smaller text looks a little blurry but could just be the photo.
  • Handset: Looks correct with small points at the end of the hands. Second hand flares which I also believe to be correct.
  • Caseback: Different colour to watch but that appears to be standard? Three digit code which I believe to be correct.
  • Movement: Has 2609NA marking and SU marking which I believe is correct
  • Crown: Looks basically flat but slightly convex which I understand to be correct. It is slightly worn.
  • Crystal: Looks flat so correct, not sure if original but doesn't matter.

Thanks so much to you Odessa or anybody who can help : )

View attachment 16028369

View attachment 16028371

View attachment 16028372
View attachment 16028373
let me clarify a bit: the 1st chromed Zero: I do not see anything wrong with it except maybe the dial. To me the letter look a bit misaligned. Then the red flags:
1) too many identical watches for sale
2) made in ussr and 1995! This is way too many years since ussr was gone
3) too many other fakes for sale

Even if the watch is made from genuine parts the papers are not for them and hence 250$ Is excessive.

The gilded watch looks authentic to me.
just my opinion of course.

321 - 334 of 334 Posts