WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Raketa factory, if I am not mistaken, had produced the largest number of Soviet calibers. You can find a Raketa watch with the least and the most complications. A flagship of the Soviet watchmaking. Lets share our favorites. I would like to start with this fantastic Atom on 2609 from the late 60s - early 70s. One of my best Raketas!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like lots of what I see here. One day I'd like a nice gold "crab" like the above (mariomart and OCSleeper). It isn't until you start looking (and I have been) that you realise how hard it is to get one with a good gold covering with no/little edge wear.
Just like Odessa200's glorious Atom. Start looking for these and you see many examples with scratched dials, broken lines in the dial pattern, ruined varnish, etc...
Of course AaParker also raises the bar on the quality we should be looking for.
Thank you for sharing.

Ah, I was saving this for a rainy day. But seeing this thread I couldn't resist.
Here is a family portrait taken today.
Watch Brown Analog watch Photograph White

The parents with 3 kids.
Nobody is perfect. I don't even know if any have the correct crown. They are all different.

Thanks to F10 for introducing me to the 2609A series and keeping me poor.;)

Now to see other members Raketa's - Keep them coming please.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the way you pay attention to the small details, compliments!, , in a certain way, it is like the game find out the five differences,

I like lots of what I see here. One day I'd like a nice gold "crab" like the above (mariomart and OCSleeper). It isn't until you start looking (and I have been) that you realise how hard it is to get one with a good gold covering with no/little edge wear.
Just like Odessa200's glorious Atom. Start looking for these and you see many examples with scratched dials, broken lines in the dial pattern, ruined varnish, etc...
Of course AaParker also raises the bar on the quality we should be looking for.
Thank you for sharing.

Ah, I was saving this for a rainy day. But seeing this thread I couldn't resist.
Here is a family portrait taken today.
View attachment 16025069
The parents with 3 kids.
Nobody is perfect. I don't even know if any have the correct crown. They are all different.

Thanks to F10 for introducing me to the 2609A series and keeping me poor.;)

Now to see other members Raketa's - Keep them coming please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks - can anyone recommend a UK based person who could repair the glass and service two Raketa perpetual calendars? I tried Mr M Swift but unfortunately he wasn’t able to source the glass

Thank you

·
Registered
342 Posts
In lockdown here, so that means I had time to take a few more Raketa photos to share here.
This one has a dark brown dial, like chocolate.
"Life is like a box of chocolates..."
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Watch accessory

"... you never know what you are going to get."
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

My only working 2209.
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Material property

Inside.
Watch Analog watch Natural material Rectangle Clock

The closest I will get to a 'plane for a while. Just a standard 2609.A inside this one.

This gold sunburst dial (in the wrong case?) is also hiding a treat.
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Natural material

Another knurled 2609.1.

This unassuming dial...
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

...is hiding a 2609.K5.
Watch Analog watch White Watch accessory Clock

Not sure how rare or special that is, but you don't see too many.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How about this Raketa? Is this even a Raketa?:) Although it is not made by PChZ it is a fully authentic Soviet watch. Made by LenRemChas factory in the 60s using abundance of Zvezda movements. A special and unique case was manufactured for this watch. LenRemChas (Leningrad Watch Repair) factory was a chain of small watch repair and exchange outlets in the 60s that was equipped not only for a basic watch repair but as you can see was able to produce even the watch cases!

What do you say?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts