WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Moderator Omega and Apple Forum
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I opened the shipping box to my new black sport band, I decided to start this thread.
These Apple straps are damn entertaining and yes, I am bored! So show me your Apple watch straps!! Both OEM and aftermarket, what collection have you amassed? Which is your favourite and which do you wear most?

Here's mine.

From left to right;
Apple Sport black with Space Grey pin. Not sure if this has the DLC coating apple uses on their other ss stuff.. After I'm done typing this I'll even open the box ;-)
Moko black milanese loop. I was going to purchase OEM but it scratches the watch.
Moko purple sports strap. Bought this one as the colour is a perfect shade of purple. Not as well made as Apple but for 10$...
Apple Sport white. This one came with my gen zero and has been worn the most. As you can see it still looks almost new which is surprising.
Hirsch Heritage 22mm. Thick heavily padded with supple brown leather. you can see a bit of space on either end of the bar because of the strap's width falls a bit short. It's a shame Hirsch doesn't make 23.5mm?
Hirsch Rally Natural Leather Racing 22mm. This one gets a lot of complements when I wear it. Both straps are from our sponsor @ Watch Obsession.
Apple Sport product red. A perfectly vibrant shade of red and is currently my favourite. I really like their sport straps..

It's going to be fun seeing what you guys have.
SHOW ME!! :-!

Chibatastic

·
Registered
17,909 Posts
I would have something to show, but I still haven't bought any beyond the black Sport band that came with my first-gen SS AW.

It's partly the wife's doing, but it's partly because the Sport strap is so much nicer to use than I expected it to be, I'm not sure that any other strap would be an upgrade.

Pictured with the oldest watch in the house, my grandpa's Bulova (also almost surely bought here in DC) --

Attachments

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Y'know I totally get how you feel. The sports straps are tremendous!

So far it feels a bit stiff but I think the black is great.

It makes my watch look stealthy! More under the radar than any of my other straps. It's deep black matches the screen perfectly.
Pretty cool!!

Chibatastic

I would have something to show, but I still haven't bought any beyond the black Sport band that came with my first-gen SS AW.

It's partly the wife's doing, but it's partly because the Sport strap is so much nicer to use than I expected it to be, I'm not sure that any other strap would be an upgrade.

Pictured with the oldest watch in the house, my grandpa's Bulova (also almost surely bought here in DC) --

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where's a good place to get an adapter for lugs? I'm not necessarily wanting to buy a strap with it, just add a nice looking lug option. I already have straps that I'd like to try on the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I purchased my lugs in 2015 from Clockwork synergy. Watchobsession has them as well.
It looks like they have changed quite a bit since I got mine and I just realized I should have ordered 24mm straps instead of 22mm. Oops!!

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/products/apple-watch-strap-adapters-in-silver
https://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/product-category/accessories/apple-watch-adapters/

The adapters have held up perfectly though.

Chibatastic

Where's a good place to get an adapter for lugs? I'm not necessarily wanting to buy a strap with it, just add a nice looking lug option. I already have straps that I'd like to try on the watch.

·
Banned
488 Posts
I purchased my lugs in 2015 from Clockwork synergy. Watchobsession has them as well.
It looks like they have changed quite a bit since I got mine and I just realized I should have ordered 24mm straps instead of 22mm. Oops!!

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/products/apple-watch-strap-adapters-in-silver
https://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/product-category/accessories/apple-watch-adapters/

The adapters have held up perfectly though.

Chibatastic
Thanks for the mention! Glad to heard that they are still working for you!

·
Banned
488 Posts

We sell individual Apple adapters in 7 different colors on our site! Feel free to check us out; watchuseek forum followers receive 15% off at checkout with code: watchuseek15 Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Late to the party as usual..Here are mine.

Left to right

Clockwork Synergy Premium Brown

Apple black woven nylon

Clockwork Synergy 2 piece classic NATO

Clockwork Synergy Silicone

Kobwa Nike knockoff(Amazon)

Apple Sport Band

Panatime Aviator Black with blue/white stitching

Not shown is the strap I wear most often the Classic Buckle in black. The Aviator is #2 and the Nike knockoff is #3 when working out. I can also vouch for the quality of Clockwork Synergy's adapters.

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Got 2 more flavours recently!

View attachment 10886314

Hirsch Earth natural calfskin in honey brown (left).

Hirsch Ranger Retro Leather Parallel brown (right).

jdp-6.jpg

Ordered these in the correct 24mm size which makes a HUGE difference! My other straps are in 22mm and while they fit the adapters, the 2 extra mm's seems to work wonders for comfort and overall aesthetic. Apple leather straps are 24mm as well but these are in a different league imo. I tried on the OEM saddle brown classic buckle and while the colour was nice, I felt quality was lacking for the amount you pay. Especially compared to their sports straps (awesome). I cut them slack though because they've only been in the game for what, like 2 years? Hirsch on the other hand 252. So 250 years more experience, yikes!

On to more photos!
jdp-32.jpg
jdp-10.jpg

The Ranger retro is the more casual of the two. Contrast stitching frames the AW nicely and the old school look meshes well with my bleeding edge tech from apple. A really nice juxtaposition imo that will only improve as the strap ages.

Speaking of, it perfectly matches my well patinated leather iPhone case. Used to be "Saddle brown" and was much brighter!

jdp-41.jpg
jdp-42.jpg

Both of these straps are really thick!! Much thicker than Apple.

jdp-19.jpg

It takes a while to work them in, I had to pre bend mine a bit. After that and a bit of wear they feel like they were made for the watch.

jdp-36.jpg

I don't have to buckle it as tight as I would any of my other straps. The watch it's self doesn't flop around at all. Balances really well!!
Maybe this is why I had no problem wearing them while I worked out. Not uncomfortable in the way you would expect leather to be while riding a bike @150+ watts!

jdp-46.jpg
w-1.jpg

Sure it's winter here and I'm indoors, but I cycle like a madman! No need for sweaty details :p

The only thing I can nitpick the Ranger Retro for is the buckle. It's quite large and the way it stands out makes my wrist look wee. Admittedly I'm not used to so much bling on the back of my wrist. If I could order again it would definitely be with the black buckle option. Not sure if this could be switched out using a springbar tool. There are no holes @ the sides for a pin or poker tool to get through. Anyone know?
jdp-37.jpg

jdp-48.jpg
Overall an awesome companion to the AW!
Going to continue this in the next post..

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hirsch Earth natural calfskin in honey brown.

jdp-26.jpg

Simply put I love this strap!
Dressier than the Ranger but still works with jeans.
The embossed coordinates and compass were what attracted me in the first place. They are repeated on the inside of the strap
46° 37' N, 14° 18' E Klagenfurt Austria
Curious, I did a bit of google touristing.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 3.32.21 PM.jpg

I'm assuming this is exactly where the Hirsch company is or maybe where it started 252 years ago?? Looks like a nice place :-!

jdp-21.jpg

jdp-45.jpg

On the wrist it feels both lighter and softer than the Ranger Retro. It also tapers a couple of mm's, so it's 22mm at the buckle. Perhaps this is why it doesn't grip the wrist quit as firmly as the Retro. Buttery soft leather and such a comfortable & classy strap.
I really like this particular shade of brown!!

jdp-44.jpg

The buckle here is perfect on this one. No nitpicks on this strap whatsoever, wouldn't change a thing! :-!

jdp-28.jpg

So all in all - I'm impressed with these! Hundreds of years better than the Apple variants ;-)
Thanks for looking!

Chibatastic

·
Vendor
6,199 Posts
Here's a birds eye view of the Hirsch factory in Klagenfurt, thought the co ordinates were for there but could of been the house where the Strap Dynasty all started, both in Klagenfurt, just spent three days with Hirsch and it is a beautiful town

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 16.18.50.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 11.32.03.jpg

·
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a birds eye view of the Hirsch factory in Klagenfurt, thought the co ordinates were for there but could of been the house where the Strap Dynasty all started, both in Klagenfurt, just spent three days with Hirsch and it is a beautiful town
Next time you get in touch with them, can you ask about the coordinates? Would be cool to know!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I bought an embarrassing number of straps; however, I prefer the solid black rubber Apple. Maybe because it holds it snug and your pulse reading is more accurate.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts