WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you purchase Bulgari with a resale idea in mind - don't do it, ppl only search & need Rolex/Patek/AP...
From my POV the fact that Bulgari is a jewelry company first, adds to it's watches some kind of charm other brands lack in that area!

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you purchase Bulgari with a resale idea in mind - don't do it, ppl only search & need Rolex/Patek/AP...
From my POV the fact that Bulgari is a jewelry company first, adds to it's watches some kind of charm other brands lack in that area!
Totally agree with this. Bulgari and cartier make some cool pieces since they come at it from a design perspective first which is unique. Just buy what you like, or else you’ll wind up getting rid of it (speaking from experience). Octo finissimo is an experience on the wrist!

·
Registered
45 Posts
No, I didn't mean for resale, I did mean about quality for long time, including case and bracelet material quality, dial, movement, water resistant when I wash hands.... of course for wearing every day.

·
Premium Member
6,960 Posts
No, I didn't mean for resale...
But you specifically asked "Are bvlgari watches good for the collection, in terms of whether they maintain their price?". That is only about resale. :think:

·
Registered
45 Posts
No. I asked that because if I want to sell watch in future whether its price will be much less. That meant my previous question.

·
Premium Member
6,960 Posts
No. I asked that because if I want to sell watch in future whether its price will be much less. That meant my previous question.
Again, that IS a question about resale. Maybe the definition of "resale" isn't clear. I did not mean to imply that you're looking to sell it right away... But a lot of folks here factor in what they can expect as the future price, years from now, when they buy a watch.

I don't worry about it at all, personally. I try to get a good deal on a watch I want, but I plan to keep them long enough that I don't worry about resale in the future.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Bulgaria’s primarily known as a very high end jeweler. The last 5-10 years they have gotten more into watches then previously. They hold the record for the thinnest automatic movement in production. Their jewelry is impeccable, so their watches must also match that standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My first Bvlgari...

Bvlgari Diagono Scuba SD38S.pic08.JPG Bvlgari Diagono Scuba SD38S.pic09.JPG

Reactions: Cocas and catlike

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
37,291 Posts
...but now, 15 years later i have learned a lot about watches and realize Bvlgari is more of a fashion brand.
Maybe years ago, but since they've absorbed both Gérald Genta (creator of both the AP Royal Oak and the PP Nautilus) and Daniel Roth they've become a bonafide Haute Horologer.

I really liked the Octo Finissimo Chrono GMT until I got it on my 6.5" wrist...it wore like an oversized poker chip.

IMG_4445.jpeg

IMG_4439.jpeg

·
Registered
809 Posts
Maybe years ago, but since they've absorbed both Gérald Genta (creator of both the AP Royal Oak and the PP Nautilus) and Daniel Roth they've become a bonafide Haute Horologer.

I really liked the Octo Finissimo Chrono GMT until I got it on my 6.5" wrist...it wore like an oversized poker chip.

View attachment 14774081

View attachment 14774085
They should make a mid size version...

Such a cool watch but looks like it wears terribly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
37,291 Posts
They should make a mid size version...

Such a cool watch but looks like it wears terribly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They put so much into making it the thinnest chrono (the movement is 3.3mm thick) in the World there's no room to reduce its diameter. Look how they packed everything into that 6.9mm Titanium case...

IMG_4444.jpeg

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
They put so much into making it the thinnest chrono (the movement is 3.3mm thick) in the World there's no room to reduce its diameter. Look how they packed everything into that 6.9mm Titanium case...

View attachment 14774417
It's a beautiful watch with some serious horological cred. I'd love to have one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,521 Posts
I would have bought this on the spot if it was a couple of mm smaller:

20181006_161837.jpg

·
Registered
7,845 Posts
The Minute Repeater is beyond the beyond. How they managed all that in a space so small is beyond me. Amazing in every way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvkRUfqPThU

FF to 1:05 in the video to see the minute repeater activated.

·
Registered
922 Posts

View attachment 14774417
I tried one on at West Time on BH. Its an amazing acheivement, functions nicely and is very legible. But because of the almost square but very thin case and very wide integrated bracelet, it wears more like a wide wrist band than a watch. I think I would get used to it after a few days but it is slightly odd when you first strap it on.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts