WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 1662 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Interesting, would like to see some more pictures of the early Okeah please.

Close up and movement if you have it.

Cheers...
The Oceans will go on professional photo session in a month or so, so guys let me know if you want to see non-professional pictures now

The case and all inside is proper for the early version - I do not know all those technical names in English, to be honest, I do not fully understand what all those terms mean anyway even in original language :)
Let's see some pictures now please!

Cheers...

·
Registered
55 Posts

Cheers...
My watch master did his magic and changed amplitude from 207 to 319; other then that there were no other repairs (to the best of my recollection), first picture from him; the rest from seller.

Letter H (in "Okean") is even, I know that the most earlier versions were not. Ocean 1978 - from Murat.jpg Okean -1978-back.jpg Okean -1978-mech.jpg Okean -1978-head with hole.jpg

This is what he said in Russian about early elements that are visible only when the watch is taken apart - "ранняя подставка под стекло; выемка для колец шипа; ранние пеньки"

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

Cheers...
My watch master did his magic and changed amplitude from 207 to 319; other then that there were no other repairs (to the best of my recollection), first picture from him; the rest from seller.

Letter H (in "Okean") is even, I know that the most earlier versions were not. View attachment 15154139 View attachment 15154141 View attachment 15154143 View attachment 15154145

This is what he said in Russian about early elements that are visible only when the watch is taken apart - "ранняя подставка под стекло; выемка для колец шипа; ранние пеньки"
Thanks very interesting.

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks very interesting.

Cheers...
You are very welcome; I am new here (and to collecting) but you are most likely a guru 🙂 I posted before, but interesting to know your opinion - here is an earlier watch - still being worked on - I would date it to 1976 (the one on the left) View attachment 15155083 View attachment 15155089
Certainly a nice early example, unusual to see blued hands or is it just a trick of the light? Stainless steel case is present as on some early civilian examples. Impossible to date to a single year, but it's not 1976.
It has the single bolt blocking lever and cut out on the pallet bridge so 77' to 79' is probably a better approximation.

Cheers...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Certainly a nice early example, unusual to see blued hands or is it just a trick of the light? Stainless steel case is present as on some early civilian examples. Impossible to date to a single year, but it's not 1976.
It has the single bolt blocking lever and cut out on the pallet bridge so 77' to 79' is probably a better approximation.

Cheers...
I was told that blue/blackish hands were a norm on early versions - a person who consulted me has the same face NOS watch with papers from 1970s (not sure which year). I will ask about the mechanism details you pointed out. Here another interesting detail, the inside of the back cover (right one, ignore left one) - has whitish finish. Also, matches that NOS watch Poljot 3133 white 1970s kirilic - back cover inside.jpg

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I was told that blue/blackish hands were a norm on early versions - a person who consulted me has the same face NOS watch with papers from 1970s (not sure which year). I will ask about the mechanism details you pointed out. Here another interesting detail, the inside of the back cover (right one, ignore left one) - has whitish finish. Also, matches that NOS watch View attachment 15155619

A typical 1976 configuration.

Boris (3)aa.jpg

Pictures of a late 70's 3133 with matching paperwork would be amazing, 1980 is the earliest civilian watch I have seen with matching papers.

Cheers...

·
Registered
55 Posts
A typical 1976 configuration.

View attachment 15158257

Pictures of a late 70's 3133 with matching paperwork would be amazing, 1980 is the earliest civilian watch I have seen with matching papers.

Cheers...
He did not give me passport/mech pictures yet (if he does, I will post them). He said his watch is 1978 and has the crown and 4 digit # on the bridge, plus all elements like mine; so my watch is 1977. Here is his face Poljot 3133 Russian letters white -David's 1978.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have this on route! So excited for my first mechanical Chronograph!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
My 3133 has SU 3133 on the bridge, but the dial is clearly a post soviet. I assume they just used older movements in production, so it would be fair to say that mine might be an early ish post soviet made using up old stock? Or possibly a repair using an old bridge?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

1601 - 1620 of 1662 Posts