WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1641 - 1660 of 1662 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
my 3133 sturmanskie

View attachment 15354670

They are not perfect , ie : A & D are housed in a chromed case - B is, I suspect a white relumed (which incidentally I like a lot 😉 ),
but interestingly I noticed that C has a dial with different font .

View attachment 15354681

A has smaller numbers, the 4 is “closed” , the 5 does not have a “big bellie” , the O is oval and not round like the 3 other ones. I remember Polmax mentioning this specificity but sadly can not see it again.
Does anyone knows about this dial please ? Thanks (y)
Mine say's hello

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Guess I'll ask here too: are the movement holders for the Sturmanskie, Okean and Buran 3133s the same/interchangeble? Is the movement holder for the 31659 the same as for the 3133?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Guess I'll ask here too: are the movement holders for the Sturmanskie, Okean and Buran 3133s the same/interchangeble? Is the movement holder for the 31659 the same as for the 3133?
Movements fit directly to the case via 2 screws and tab washers, no movement holder.

Cheers...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Movements fit directly to the case via 2 screws and tab washers, no movement holder.

Cheers...
thanks a lot - I thought to myself seeing the pics of the open case it's so cramped there's no place there for anything other than the movement :) so I would assume a 3133 movement can fit from a okean in a sturmanskie and vice versa (I suppose it's the same case, just a different dial?)... would it be the same for the buran or are there different screws for buran's case?

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've had this one for a while now but I don't know much about it.

Could someone more knowledgeable than me tell me if it looks original and perhaps the year?
Also what does the text say?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Reactions: elsoldemayo and 24h

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Certainly original, dates from around 1992. Most likely a 3133 movement but you could be lucky and have a 31659 hacking example.

Dial text is "Sturmanskie" meaning Navigator.

Cheers...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thank you @MattBrace ! I appreciate your help.

The running second hand does not stop when the crown is out so I don't think it is a hacking version, assuming that is what you meant by hacking.

·
Registered
219 Posts

Which one WUS? Left one has this flatter, curved glass, brighter and bigger bezel; right one has a flat raised glass, smaller and darker bezel. Assuming overall conditions the same, which one (to keep 😋 )

If necessary, I'll try to post daylight poctures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Mark Lovick on his youtube Watch Repair channel strips down, overhauls and assembles a 3133 today, abs worth a watch and he makes it look so easy lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
I like the one on the right. I think the one on the left has a non-original crystal?
Yeah, that's actually what was bugging me - I don't know the Poljot's chronographs so well. Was there a period where they had this smaller domed crystals or is it an aftermarket unoriginal one? I think I've read somewhere on the forum that there actually was a period when they were getting these domed crystals, but I wanted to ask some of the more knowledgeable guys here. Personally, I like the bigger bezel of the left one, but the case of the right one is in overall better shape.

Thanks for the input!

Btw, what I plan to do, both watches will get a service, but from one I'll take the movement out and put it in a new case with a new set of dial and hands of an Okean chrono - or maybe not, maybe I'll just sell one, and use a Buran's 3133 that I also have as a spare as a 'donor' for the Okean.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Btw, maybe the flatter crystal makes the bezel on the left look bigger? It's definitely brighter, though :unsure:

PS. Daylight photos! Too lazy to take the strap off of the left one lol

1641 - 1660 of 1662 Posts